XLVIII

XLVIII

Clarissa Williams immediately started her work as soon as they touched down on London's airport. It had been two hours since they returned, but in her point of view, it seemed like a year because of non-stop phone calls, tower of paper works and everlasting updates. Then, the prince was lost in the thin air and she could not see him anywhere in the palace.

She read the financial report of Prince Alexander's office, which was done by Shirley Woodman. It was not needed because the latter was a responsible accountant, but that was the problem.

Now that Alexander got married to Shirley, it did not mean that the accountant would leave her ethical requirements. There was a high probability that Shirley would exchange her love to the prince for her profession. That was what human usually did. They needed money, not love. It would not give you food.

When she was checking the document, she was relieved when the miscellaneous expense account was the way it was and there were no notes at the end of the document saying anything about the prince relation to the AMFA.

I was wrong about her, Clarissa thought, she is different compare to Emily.

She went to the His Highness' office to see if the prince came back to earth and started working. However, the office was locked and when she opened it, she did not see a trail that the prince visited his office after going back from New York City.

His desk remained the same and nothing looked like disorganize. Everything was fine until she saw a picture on the floor, laying near the foot the table.

Her eyes widened when she realized what picture it was. She immediately entered the office and locked the door. It was not the picture she was worried about, it was the document under those pictures.

She grabbed the photo from the floor. It shown Prince Alexander and Princess Emily happily took a picture together in Maldives. Both of them were so young and really in loved with each other. Shirley resembled the young Emily.

She was right when she saw Shirley Woodman's curriculum vitae for the very first time during their search for a new accountant. The way she smiled. The way her blue eyes naturally glittered. The way her brownish hair elegantly waved on the side of her face. It was very similar to the prince's first love.

Even though she was from USA and getting her was very expensive and risky, because they could get another one who was more experienced and from England, Clarissa took the chance. She had only one goal: to stop the nightmare of the prince.

At first, she wondered if the two were relatives. She did a further investigation, there were no circumstances that the two were blood-related. They were just simply looked alike.

Seeing the prince fell in love again, she was grateful that she took all the risks of getting Shirley Woodman as his accountant. Clarissa was like a mother to him so she would do everything to prevent the prince from his rebellion.

Clarissa opened the drawer, where all the secrets of the prince were hidden, to keep the picture away from the present. She was thinking of burning these pictures before Shirley discovered it.

Before she could put the picture inside, she knew that something was missing. She slapped her face to make sure she was seeing right.

The folder of Prince Alexander's contract with AMFA was gone. She cursed loudly and automatically got her mobile phone from her pocket. She called His Highness immediately.