My mistake, I didn't know to be in love You had to fight to have the upper hand

Something was growling and she needed to get up, but her body cried out in protest at every single movement.
And then she also had taken a child, probably considered as Abducting, but then Nicholas had run to her.
She was so tired, all she wanted to do was stay asleep but since she had no idea what was going on, she had to get up.
Sitting up and rubbing at her eyes, she looked around once again, but from the shadows of the trees, emerald green eyes stared at her. She flinched and got up.
"Nicholas." She called out
No response at all.
"Nicholas." She yelled again
The child was nowhere to be seen.
Then the beast prowled out. She stilled.
She grabbed a nearby log and held it. She was trembling and bleeding, the arrow was supposed to pierce her heart.
She frowned at the creature showing her disappointment.
It prowled around her, circling her. She glared at him and then furrowed her brows.
She was not going to die. And she was going to make it, and then she would see to everything else. And if she was to die, she would not die in this bright green place, she would die in her own court.
And then she was going to kill Eris.
She knew who the beast was, all thanks to Kallias and she knew where she was. But faking it made her feel better.
"Switch back to your faerie form and we can talk." She said
The beast snarled
"Switch back and we'll talk."
And there was a flash of light before he appeared.
"Better." She muttered
The Male rolled his eyes.
"You aren't questioning why I am here?"
"No." His voice was hoarse
"Surprising."
"Eris already told me."
Maybe it was the flash of confusion in her eyes but then he said.
"He wrote a letter, which said and I quote, Lilliana needs an escapade and I don't want her around, she'll arrive in a few days time and be ready."
"And what was your reply?"
"Told him to lay off."
"And?"
"The next day he showed up, glowering and told me to suck it up."
"Oh."
I don't want her around.
The words hit like a painful stab wound. The words hit like an ash arrow, embedding themselves in a corner of her heart.
I don't want her around.
The words kept stabbing her.
He didn't want her around.
And it was a struggle to keep her tears in.
The confidence and all the bravery now turned to weariness, and sadness.
After everything.
Her mother would have laughed at this, at her stupidity, at everything, her mother would have told her that she was an idiot for letting Eris in.
She trusted Eris, and she was t supposed to. This was what the girl was warning her about.
Player, heartbreaker, bastard, liar, prick.
She should have known.
But that was what love did. What it had done to her aunt, love had ruined aunt Minerva and now would ruin her too.
And they made their way to wherever he was taking her.
"Have you seen a boy?"
"Yes."
"His name is Nicholas, he was with me-
"He's back at the manor."
"What?"
"I was out hunting, the child was crying so I took him with me."
She nodded.
"Why would he do this?" She blurted out.
"Do you want the answer?"
"No not today."
He nodded
Eris had said that they weren't meant to be, and that no one could change fate, and he was right but then why? Why use her?
She sighed, and the estate came into sight.
She missed Isabella and Rhea, she missed Sirius and his jokes and all his ideas, she missed Zane's frankness and also knowledge.
She missed Felix's calm.
And most of all she missed Eris. But denying that should make her aching heart feel better but even that did not soothe her.
She was stupid and know she realized it.
She thought, she could change Eris, but that al was optimistic bullshit. All she did was get her heart involved in what should have remained a diplomatic marriage. And now all hell had broke loose.
It felt unfair and annoyed but mostly she wanted to take back her words.
Dream a little Eris
Yes he should dream of her murdering him, and now that this went down, she wanted to take back the words and take back everything, every nice, optimistic, lovely things she had said and exchange them all for a gesture that mostly relied on her middle finger and few words.
If only she had stabbed the liar with the hairbrush in the eye.
He should drown in that stupid lake he took her to.
And she felt betrayed by everyone; Zane and Sirius, who knew this, and still had gone along with it, and had fooled her. Magnus who she didn't like but he too had helped. She felt betrayed by everyone. Perhaps she should he the one to drown.
Or maybe she could Slit her throat open with that wine bottle.
She wanted a drink, or something like that.
And she wanted a distraction.
And she wanted to go home to her brother and his mate.
Lilliana wanted to cry. And weep.
The messy, abandoned manor cane into sight, and she didn't even want to look at its hideous exterior, thorn bushes and wild flowers all growing wildly, the grass was unkept. The estate looked untidy and irritatingly dirty.
She scowled at the blond who made his way silently.
"What?"
"Nothing." She said
"Fine."
She made a face as he turned.
And she kept glaring between his shoulders.
"Is there a bed in there?" She asked making a face
"Yes." He sighed
"And clothes."
"There are some lying around."
"And food?"
"Yes."
She nodded, placing a hand on her side where the arrow grazed.
"There is some moss in the kitchen, use it."
They crossed the few yards to the estate and entered, the interior of this damned place was as thorny as its exterior which was no surprise.
The walls were in need of dire painting. The few armchairs around had been torn and dusty.
Vases were missing from their cases and they curtains had been drawn shut, leaving the manor dark. The whole place reeked of alcohol. As they walked along the corridor, she noticed that a door had been snatched from its hinges and broken in two on the floor. And the floor was coated with dust, a wall had been sprayed with blood.
"This place could use come cleaning." She said
He ignored her.
Then a soft thud was heard and then footfalls, and Nicholas ran towards her. And hugged her leg.
And the boy burst into tears.
She picked him up and placed her hand behind his head. And held him tightly as he sobbed on her shoulder.
Nicholas' mop of dark hair was messy. She slowly patted his back trying to calm him down. And she didn't remember the silly lullabies her nursemaid had sung to her, she never had liked the woman; her name was Flora.
Flora had always been too strict, only kind when Lilliana's mother was around, and Lilliana's own mother had been too busy, so she left her with Flora for days and didn't come to see her daughter. And Lilliana got rebellious as she grew. And so did Flora's anger.
Flora would rage if Lilliana stepped out of line, one mistake, just one mistake and that was all it took for Flora to hit her, first the nursemaid would slap her, twice or thrice. And then she would take out a stick.
And things got out of hand as the stick turned into metal objects.
And then Lilliana had poisoned the nursemaid out of spite and had never visited the grave.

Now she could just hold the boy and calm him down. Tamlin had gone somewhere.
Nicholas then pulled away from her shoulder and looked at her, his hazel eyes shining with tears.
"I'm sorry." She said
He nodded and hugged her.
"Come on, lets find bandages." She said to him