Cause I honestly believed in you Holdin' on, the days drag on

Rhea sighed looking at locked door as she sat in her husband's room. The desk was as clean as ever and the room was spotless clean now that she had cleaned the up the clothes of one of the women Beron had been tumbling with. The scent of their time together clung to the room. She scowled. She stood up and walked to the armoire, her red hair cascaded down her back ever straight.  

She took out the woman's lacy clothes and as her mind willed it, the clothes caught fire starting in her hand and she smiled. She wanted to burn this room to ash. She wanted to burn her husband.

Growth is painful. Change is painful. But nothing is as painful as staying stuck somewhere you don't belong. She didn't know where she belonged

But she didn't belong here. 

And then the door opened and Beron came in glaring at her. Thankfully the ash was on the wind and the room still smelt bad. 

"What are you doing?" 

what do you think, she wanted to ask.

"Nothing." She said 

She then turned to go to the bathing chamber.

He grabbed her arm and pulled her back. She turned to face him, there was smirk on his face. She pulled her arm back with a scowl on her face and turned away when he caught her wrist. 

"What's wrong?" She asked 

"oh nothing." he crooned

"Well then I'll be going." She said nodding 

"Where?" 

"To my-

"Oh stay."

"Id rather not." 

"I didn't ask." He growled pulling on her waist.

"And neither did I." She said before trying to push him off.

He snarled before placing his lips on hers. It was a sloppy attempt of a kiss. 

"No." She said as she pushed him off.

He ignored her and pinned her to the wall, before grabbing her hands and forcing her to stop thrashing. He then began planting kisses on her neck as she jabbed her elbow into his gut in an attempt to throw him off. He didnt budge and continued. Panic was building in her chest. She tried to remember the self defense class Eris had given her, the moves and postures. 

Uppercut his nose ,She thought

She wiggled out one of her hands and molded it into a fist before striking up and hitting his nose. The move was sloppy and her hands were trembling badly, Beron staggered back and growled at her before taking a step or two forward and slapped her, Her cheek hurt and she placed her hand caressing it. Tears filled her eyes and she tried to even her breathing but the attempt failed. Her head was spinning. He then started again, kissing her as she cried and stood, frozen, unable to move.

She didn't want this. No, she didn't want this, every cell in her body cried in protest but her feet refused to move away and neither did her hands cooperate and nor did her mouth , so she could scream. 

She wanted to cry but as if he had read her thoughts, a hand wrapped around her throat.

"stop moving, stop fighting, no one is coming Rhea, don't even try to scream. If you do I'll kill you and cave Eris's head open with your bones, and then leave you both in an alley for rats." He said. 

Not Eris, not her favorite boy after Lucien. Not him. 

So she quietened.

 Sometimes You Have To Get Knocked Down Lower Than You Have Ever Been To Stand Back Up Taller Than You Ever Were.