A scar I can't reverse, the more it heals the worse it hurts.

Eris was dreaming again. Dreaming of her.
He was looking at Lilliana, her face was full of warmth, she was smiling at him.
He was sitting beside her, in a meadow full of flowers. Sunlight was pouring and her hair were gleaming.
And Lilliana was holding a child. A small girl with red curls and blue eyes, and a sharp nose. The girl was giggling as Lilliana tickled her.
Lilliana was practically glowing.
He was only looking at the side of her face, the smile, the bright eyes and glowing skin. The pale hair falling over her face.
And he called her name.
But when she turned, the other half of her face had been marred, skin taut and bloody with grazes and cuts, her cheekbone jutting our wrongly. Her eyes were bloodshot and red rimmed. She was crying but it wasn't water running down her cheek, it was blood. And her hair were matted and caked in gore and blood and her skin was all dull.
"Eris." She said, But it was not her voice. The voice cooed, laced with menace.
He lurched back in horror as the face morphed into another dull face, and pale hair into red.
"She's beautiful isn't she?" The red haired woman asked
He stilled and stayed quiet. Amarantha's hands patted the little girl's back and brushed her red locks.
"You have to agree, she does look like me." Amarantha drawled
Eris kept his mouth shut, afraid that he would open it and start screaming.
"Oh Eris, What a killjoy you have become. What happened to my loyal friend?" She said smiling
"I was never your friend." He muttered
"Weren't you? So keen to overpower your brothers and any competitor trying to slither their way into my good books?" She murmured, cupping the child's face.
"But you were always so scared, and such a coward?" She added
"I'm not a coward?"
"Aren't you Eris? You let your wife go, and also you don't want to save your child from me?"
And as if on cue Amarantha, clawed on the child's face.
Eris froze.
"Oh look. The infamous, notorious fire prince can't even save his daughter." She said and coldly laughed
Eris on the instant blasted her back with a powerful blast. And he ran to grab the child, still not believing the resemblance between him and the child, the only difference would be the blue eyes and gender.
Amarantha stood up, the side of her face burned badly. The female was smirking.
Eris hugged the girl and placed his hand in front of himself, fire burning in his palm. And tried to remove the paleness from his skin.
"You are frightened Eris!" Amarantha screamed and shot a dagger. Eris turned his back on the dagger as the sharp weapon embedded itself into his back. The girl in his arms was only staring at him sadly.
And he sat up.
He was in Lilliana's old rooms back in Oriaphia.
Zane was asleep in the sofa, and Sirius was sleeping in the chair snoring.
He moved towards the jug of water. And Sirius woke up and whooped with joy and threw a hairbrush at Zane who sat up cursing aka rubbing his head where the brush hit.
Eris scowled at both of them.
"What am I doing here?" He asked
"Oh you were bleeding." Sirius said
"Bleeding a lot." Zane added
"What do you mean?"
"Well your memory might be fuzzy but the whipping cost you a lot of blood, and also father refused to have you fed." Sirius said quietly
"I remember the whipping but anything after that is fuzzy in my head."
"You were bleeding a lot and we stole a carriage and brought you here." Zane said
"Oh."
"Yes, and also we had to do it stealthily so taking you to your room was difficult so we brought you here." Sirius said
"Is Felix doing fine?" Eris asked
"Yes."
"Thats good enough."
"But he broke a door when he found out Lilliana 'left'." Zane said
"Fine, but how did you bring me here?" Eris asked
And Zane started speaking.
Three days ago
Zane was lying in his room, sulking and brooding after a tough interrogation. Now it was Eris's turn to go in, he had, and also Felix was ordered inside the study.
Sirius had been let off easily since he was not seen by anyone and that meant no involvement.
And Felix was being treated nicely since the poor man had no idea of their scheme and Magnus had been locked in his room without food and water and two guards outside his door at every given time.
Zane had been gazing out the window waiting for Isabella to arrive.
The door opened and softly closed and be turned to meet Isabella who had horror stricken expression on her face.
He stood up.
"He's bleeding." She said
"Who?"
"Your brother, idiot." She said
"Eris?"
"No shit." Isabella muttered
"Izzy be careful."
"Hmm?"
"If anyone asks you why you were in here, tell them I wanted to ask you about Lilliana." Zane murmured
"I will."
Izzy walked to Zane and hugged him. Zane hugged her back.
They stood there for a while in silence.
As Isabella stepped away she had tears in her eyes.
"I hope she is fine." Isabella murmured
"She will be."
"How? The court she is in now is abandoned Zane, and the high lord is practically lifeless."
"He is alive." Zane promised
Isabella just sighed
"I'll call for a carriage so you, Sirius and Eris can leave."
"You too."
She nodded and left the room.
Zane left his room by leaping about the window.
He landed on his feet and walked around and crossed the few yards of the garden and saw the window on the upper floor and stepped on to a ledge and placed his hands firmly on the slight edges of the bricks and began scaling the wall attempting to place his feet properly and not missing a step. He pushed open the window and jumped in and shut it. Sirius was on this floor.
He quietly and stealthily crept by the guards and sent a harsh wind to knock them to the floor and with a bang their head armor shut on their eyes.
He winced and then opened Sirius' door.
His brother sat up and narrowed his eyes at him.
"What happened?" Sirius asked as he iced his eye.
"Come on."
"Where?"
"Oriaphia."
"Father gave the permit to leave?" Sirius asked hopefully
"No but since when have we started listening to him."
"You, are advising to leave without father's permission, you, who is our father's dirty work doer and somehow his second."
"Well, not anymore, we have to get Eris out is I'd rather you get up quickly before our brother bleeds out." Zane said
Sirius stood up quickly and left his ice pack and shrugged on his cloak.
"What do I have to do?"
"Grab some bandages and moss and pen do their tonics; both the healing ones and sleeping ones, and also snatch clean clothes and a cloak." Zane listed
"Sure, and don't make any commotion Zane."
"I won't." Zane said and hoped for that.
Sirius left the room following Zane, zane who opened the window and began to climb out.
"Take the stairs." Sirius called out
"Nope."
And Zane dropped a floor down, and entered his father's study from a passage behind a bookshelf. He looked around the study, the blood had been cleaned.
He rummaged through a few of his father's files or commands. There was a note.
Locations of the winter girl's friends around Prythian.
He tore it in pieces and then took the left corridor to Eris's room and in the way crossed two to three senate rooms.
Thankfully there was no soldier stationed guarding this corridor.
He entered Eris's room, his brother lay on the couch, his back to Zane, blood tricking down his bare back, blood had trickled down enough to coat the hem of his trousers. His skin looked more pale than ever.
Open wounds caught the wind and had been like that for a while. Eris's jacket was ok the floor. The couch had been slightly bloodied.
Zane walked to Eris and placed a hand on his forehead and hissed pulling his hand back.
The damn forehead was burning hot.
Zane patted his brothers cheek and tried to wake him up.
"Eris! Eris!" He said sharply
"Brother wake up!"
Eris groaned in pain as he turned sides.
"Eris." Zane said and pulled Eris up.
"Felix?" Eris asked trying to make the words
"Bloody no, it's Zane, the actually handsome brother, now get up before I leave you here for thinking I am Felix." Zane said
"Shut...up." Eris muttered
Eris sat up and flinched at the pain in his back.
"Is Felix here?" Eris asked
"Now why would that scoundrel be here?"
"He proceeded the lashes, I thought I could talk to him."
"He bestowed the lashes?" Zane asked in a squeaky voice
"Yes."
"Well we'll deal with him later. Right now I need you in a carriage."
"What? Why?"
"We are rebelling like our teenage years so shut it and move."
Eris nodded and stood up and swore at the blood.
Zane gave Eris his jacket and a cloak and helped Eris hobble out of the room.
They limped down the stairs and met Sirius by the Kitchen doors, he was flirting with a kitchen maid and flashed her smiles. The maid blushed profusely. Zane pulled up Eris's hood. Sirius joined him and took Eris's half weight. They walked to the next door.
"I'm bleeding." Eris muttered
"Yes, Brother." Sirius said
"You brought the stuff?" Zane asked
"Yes Zane I brought the things. And also flirted along the way."
"I didn't inquire about the flirting idiot." Zane said
"Stop bickering." Eris said and winced again.
"Stop shuffling Sirius."
"I am not shuffling zane."
"Oh shut it both if you." Eris said gritting his teeth.
Sirius huffed
They hobbled to where the secret exit for leaving the estate was, Zane pulled the lever and the wall slid open and the shuffled into the passageway.
It was dark and Sirius took out a lantern form somewhere below his cloak.
"What are you? A storage?"
"Yes now shut up."
"Weird." Zane muttered
They crossed the long corridor and then they pulled another lever and the wall opened again.
They walked out and Isabella met them.
"Hurry". She whispered
A few guards lay on the floor passed out.
The carriage stood.
Isabella had bribed the riders and they had agreed to take them to Oriaphia.
They piled in the carriage, Sirius sitting beside Isabella and Zane beside the dizzy Eris.
"Take off his jacket." Isabella said as he took the satchel from Sirius.
Isabella got out some water and rag and dipped the cloth into the water flask and then cleaned the wounds on Eris's back. Eris flinched and took a sharp breath.
Zane took the tonic and poured it down Eris's throat and the effect took place and Eris passed out. He steadied Eris as Isabella who had blanched at the sight of the wounds, hurriedly wiped them . Then she gave Zane the other tonic, and he poured it down Eris's throat too, it was pain reliever.
Then she applied the remaining tonic to his back and used the crushed moss ointment and applied it to his back and then began bandaging.
Sirius then helped Zane put a jacket on Eris and then the wrapped a cloak around him, and Zane this brother to him so Eris was leaning on him, Eris's skin had paled even more in the meanwhile.
And then they continued their few hours journey to Oriaphia without Eris waking up.
Then they reached and all climbed out of the carriage and walked in, ignoring the guards who were peering at the cloaked figure that was Eris. Zane shot them glares and they thankfully turned their gazes away.
"We'll take her to Lilliana's old room." Isabella said
And that was what they did.
Back to present
"And that was what had happened." Sirius said
Eris shuddered
"I have to bath." Eris said
"Well bathe all you want, I'll fetch you your clothes."
"What? I'm not-
"Shut up Eris, for once just listen to me." Zane said
"Fine."
"Now now, go in, I'll get new bandages and clothes for you, and also will fetch a healer." Sirius said and he and Zane left.
Eris just sighed and entered the bath.

Also a very big thank you for 2k reads
Love you all