I can dream about what happens when You see my face again

Lily was on the bed, fast asleep. He was worried, she looked yellow. And moreover he was guilty, if she never woke up, it would be his fault. 

Nicholas was crying as he sat beside Lily who was asleep, her cheekbones looked too bony, her face looked tired and weary. He felt very guilty. 

He pushed her hair away from her pale face, she was wrapped in the duvet. there were barely any signs of the medicine taking effect. He remembered her shrill scream, two weeks ago. She had been unresponsive for the first whole week and after a while and a trip to the outpost, her heartbeat had normalised and her breathing became frequent. And she had moved a finger. 

Lily had fallen into a honey locust. And when they had gotten to her, thorns were stuck in her skin, and small grazes and bruises were everywhere, and a gruesome gash on her shoulder, stomach and thigh. She had lost a lot of blood, it seemed bad, not just bad but really bloody and deep. 

And it just seemed...wrong. Because Lily was like a mother to him even if he would never say it out loud. His mother, the one who died, was different than lily, but just as lively. He missed her, and had for the first few days he had came here with Lily, but Lily had filled the gap. Taking care of him and side by side battling her own demons, and even if Lily was a bit upset, she had never not been nice to him. 

He did not want to lose another mother. 

The big bruise on her face seemed horrible and always brought tears to his eyes

Eva, had begrudgingly arrived and given some tonics to heal the damage, the woman had been sad about the loss of a baby? That was complicated and Nicholas was in no mood to understand it.

 Lily had been crying in her sleep last night and had scared him and no matter how much he tried to not pay attention, he found himself listening to her heartbeat. He had fallen asleep with his head on her chest. 

He sighed climbing off the bed to go outside. As he left the room he walked out of the hallway and turned left, and then a few more corridors and he came to the double doors she had worked on. 

A pang of guilt hit him, he swallowed it and then pushed the doors to go outside, the buckets of paint sat there waiting for someone to use them, a few brushes and the one she had in her hand when she fell, the blood splattered one. 

He saw the form of a giant wolf jump over a branch and he turned away to once again go inside, because talking to the emerald eyed man would be useless. 

He walked inside the kitchen to find wine bottle on the counter, he sighed in distaste before grabbing two apples and walking back to that room. 

He closed the door quietly, and turned to look at the asleep-

She was sitting upright, a lost look etched on her pale face, tears in her eyes, a bandaged hand on her stomach. 

She began shaking her head, her body shuddered, her shoulders shook and then a sob broke out. 

A scream left her, a hoarse dry scream. ]

He winced.

She wrapped her arms around herself as she wept.

Nicholas climbed over to her, and then hugged her.

"Let it out Lily." He whispered

Her shoulders trembled as she kept crying.

After a while her arms encircled him.

She kept crying for a while, his arms had gone numb from staying  around her, she was still shaking badly.