Chapter Ten

As I look at myself in the mirror I wonder what eye color would go best with my hair

I mean, you can consider the average eye colors on Earth like blue, green, brown and hazel, but I don't want to change my brown eyes to something common like blue, but I also don't want something too exotic like orange. People always say that blue eyes go best with blonde hair, so I would probably be fine with blue eyes and maybe a different colored stripe to go with it.

I don't really know of any eye designs, I've only seen Stacy's and they look amazing.

I have been obsessing over this ever since Tanner told me. They say the eyes are someone's best features, and I want mine to be pretty even though it's the Afterworld and nothing really matters here.

But there's a reason the eyes are the windows to the soul.

Stacy's long awaited knock appears a few moments later and I pop out of bed. I don't hesitate to leave my comfortable blankets, I want to get training over with so that I can celebrate my last day of training.

"Good morning, Julia." Stacy smiles, "How are you feeling on your last day as a stage one?"

I can barely contain my happiness. Now I understand why Brooke was so obviously happy. "Pretty good. I just can't wait to see Brooke and my brother."

"I talked to Brooke yesterday, she wanted to apologize for something, I can't remember what about though." She looks into the distance as if she were thinking hard about it.

"It's alright, I know what it's about." I smile. I wonder how she reacted when they didn't let her come back.
The fact that she probably knows about Nick's whereabouts at this moment but can't tell me scares me.

"Well she's doing great if that matters to you." She jots a few things down on her paper.

"Did she tell you to say anything else?" I ask, hoping Brooke told her about Nick.

"Nope." She shakes her head.

"Are you sure?"

"Positive." I frown. "Now your last day as a stage one is going to be a little different and it's going to take a little bit longer for me to complete the form." She begins, "I am going to list a series of events and things and you're going to tell me how they make you feel."

"Okay..." I respond.

"First things first," she flips through her clipboard, "don't think, just say the first thing that comes to mind. Ready?"

"Yes."

I narrow my eyebrows in confusion. "Family."

"Happy."

"Friendship."

"Happy." I repeat. I don't get the point of doing this.

"Fire." She says more sternly. I freeze for a split second, almost feeling the excruciating heat against my arms. I remind myself of when I was trapped in the thick smoke.