Chapter Forty-Seven

My legs push myself up into my feet

My throat is tight, not one sound can travel through it. I gulp, slowly backing away from the figure, it's majestic eyes piercing into my body. He's extremely tall, and he bent his back so that his head is floating above mine. His face is like a human, his eyes, though, are something not of this world.

They're a fiery red, just like his soft lips that begin to curve into a smile. I'm frozen, captivated by his stance and his glare.

He's alluring and exquisite despite the taupe horns growing from his brown hair. "Hello lovely." He purrs, his deep voice filling my ears, his hot breath hitting my neck, as if it could get any hotter down here.

I can't say anything, I'm entranced by his face, his perfect skin, perfect jawline. He smiles, his teeth white and perfectly assorted.

"What is a beautiful angel like you doing down here?" He hisses. His hands softly touch my neck and a nerve tears through my body, I let out a shuddering breath. He moves his hand up to my jaw, then my chin. He tilts it up so I'm forced to look at him. "What a brave soul you are for coming down here. It's a shame I'm going to have to hurt you." He tilts his head slightly.

"Please, I..."

His hands wrap around my neck. Instantly, everything comes back to me. The pain in my leg, my ribs, the headache I didn't know I had. I groan and feel my knees grow weak. My body sinks to the ground as the creature smiles to himself.

My the rocks behind him transform into a blob of reds and browns, my face begins to heat up. The air around me is getting warmer and warmer and warmer...

His hands leave my skin and I'm numb again. He looks like he had sucked all of the energy out of me. "Your soul is young. Rare. You taste like heaven." He tells me through clenched teeth.

I try to control my breathing, but I'm panting like a dog as he stands over me. I'm too weak to move or even look up at him.

I just want to go back to the Afterworld.

The man grabs my arm and lifts me to my feet, tightly clenching my arm. He's tall, he towers over me like a building. He looks strong too, just like a human.

But there is some sort of darkness to his eyes. The way they tear a hole through my chest just by glancing at me worries me. I can tell he is powerful, and dangerous, yet beautiful. Those things often come together, which is lethal.

"What are you going to do to me? Huh?" I ask as he drags me down one of the hallways. My shoulder scrapes against the cold ground, but he pulls me along without much effort.

"Don't worry, pet. You'll be quite useful to me. For now you'll rot with the others until you're trapped here forever." He grumbles.

I look up at him with furrowed brows. "No..." my voice trails off. I can't be trapped again, if I can't escape a cell on earth, there's no way I would get out of one down here.