Chapter Thirteen

"Here it is

"Here it is." Luna spreads her arms out wide, pointing to the series of buildings in front of me. Unlike the other dorms I saw, this one is like an apartment complex. Its architecture is something that I would see in Switzerland, yet it has a modern touch to it.

From the outside, The Gate looks like a village that I would see in a ski resort or something, but instead of comfortable cottages, it's a series of tall apartments.

Each one has a terrace that overlooks the stone paths below where people are walking through, admiring each one of the shops in the street.

None of the apartments are on the ground floor; instead, there are restaurants and cafés, and a few other places that I didn't take the time to look into. It feels very homey.

"It's... amazing." I note. Along the stone buildings lie vines that run up the walls and stop at the first level balcony. There are at least five floors above the first level of stores, which make this place like some kind of maze.

"Right here is the center of the complex, but your room is going to be in the fifth building. I can't show it to you yet, but you'll see it soon." Luna explains.

Once we turn the corner, there's an intersection with three different routes; the one to the right leads to more shops, the left path is a narrow hallway where I assume people go to get into their rooms. We head straight, towards a set of stairs.

"We can't tour the garden today, but you'll get a glimpse of it as we walk to the tour tram." She tells me, "I'll point it out to you, it's unbelievable." Luna turns to me and smiles.

"The tour tram?" I question, looking around as I notice that there are less and less people around us.

"Yes, it's a small train specifically for touring the general stage two area since it's too big to walk in one day." She answers. The stairs that we escalate lead to a closed hallway like a cave, but the light at the end of the tunnel allows it to be bright in here. It smells like nature, like freshly cut grass or flowers.

I couldn't see past the tunnel before, but I can now. I hesitate but I step onto the glass floor, looking down at the busy village below me. The entire room is glass, but the floor is tinted white.

"Hello Ms. Green." A man greets Luna and she smiles in response. She seems to smile a whole lot.

"Hello, Frank. Are we the last one's here?" She questions while I stand awkwardly behind her.

"I'm afraid so, but not by much. The last pair arrived a few minutes ago. We're still on time."

Luna waves at me to follow her. "Perfect. You know how big The Gate is, it's like a maze down there."

The tram is fairly big, but short. It has about seven enclosed carts with large glass windows and two red benches on either side. Luna and I are in our own little enclosed gondola.