Chapter Twenty-Five

"Let me do all of the talking, okay?" He turns to us before approaching the large white door

"Let me do all of the talking, okay?" He turns to us before approaching the large white door. The hallways of this building look like a mansion. They're wider than my entire room but are much more minimalistic.

There's hardly any decorations or designs on the walls, but the doors have little engravings on each of them.

"Fine." I abide and cross my arms. I don't trust Carter to get all of my points across, but if this stage three refuses to help us, I'm going to teach him a lesson.

However, I'd rather have a stubborn voyager than a crappy one. I'll take what I can get. "Do you think you'll persuade him?"

Carter looks around before knocking as if he is making sure we're at the right spot. "If he didn't owe me anything, then probably not. But today is your lucky day my friend."

He knocks on the door twice, pauses, then knocks again. Within a few seconds, I hear footsteps walking quickly to the door. It whips right open and a tall man with messy brown hair and dark eye bags stands behind it with a dull expression on his face.

"What do you want, Reynolds?" He quizzes in a raspy voice. He glances over at us two and his annoyed expression doesn't change. I notice something different about him and I can't put my finger on it.

Then I realize.

"Hello, Stallard." Carter smiles.

He doesn't have a sparkle in his eye when he looks at me. He's the first person I have ever met who doesn't have these magical eyes, but his are still magical to look at. They're a bright golden brown with an electric blue and red right down the middle of his iris.

His face is extremely structured, especially in his cheekbones but lacked a little in his jawline. He has a small nose and sparse, thin eyebrows. His nose is a bit crooked, but it doesn't mess with the attractiveness of his face.

"How many hoes are you going to bring over to my dorm? I'm sick of it." He shuts the door and Carter sighs, but knocks once again.

"What?" The man asks through the walls.

"This is about your job, Colton." He calls out sternly. There isn't an answer, but I hear the footsteps again.

"I'm not doing a favor for one of them." He whispers once he opens the door.

"You're not doing them a favor. You're doing me a favor. *Remember?" Carter's voice gets quieter when he says it. Colton's eyes widen and he glances at me, then back at Carter.

"Whatever. Come in." He opens the door for us and Carter sends me a smile as we enter.

Colton's apartment is empty, like nobody lived in it. There's a few couches that face a large window, a large kitchen with a long white countertop. Everything is clean and shiny. Untouched.