Chapter Eleven

I don't like sitting in my room alone knowing I could be doing something more fun

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

I don't like sitting in my room alone knowing I could be doing something more fun. Reading the same books over and over again isn't going to waste hours of time before I got tired and went to sleep.

It's my last night here and it is wrong to not make the most of it. I don't want to make it seem like l'm reliant on Brooke, which I'm not, I just hate going to parties alone because it never ends well.

I'm not reliant on Brooke, but I am not completely comfortable around Tanner and Jack, who might want to do their own thing instead of talking to some random girl. They did invite me over, however.

Fuck it.

***

It's odd walking to Tanner's dorm alone, and I almost backed out. Once I get closer and closer to his door, I see more and more people enter it, which comforts me.

The dormitory at night has an entirely different feeling to it. It almost feels abandoned because nobody really leaves their dorms at all. They have us pent up in our prison cells, and I don't know why stage one is even a thing at all. It's pointless.

I hear a loud rumbling laughter coming from inside of the dorm and I begin to get nervous.

The worst thing imaginable is going to a gathering alone and standing in the corner awkwardly. It would be different if it's a high school party and people were friendly and drunk, but everybody here has started to form their own cliques. I have never regretted not being social and making new friends more than I do right at this moment when I realize how many unfamiliar faces there are.

I enter the large dorm where everybody is scattered around the room talking to other people. Nothing really is going on, which surprises me.

Tanner's dorm for some reason is the biggest in the hallway, but it's also at the end of the hallway, which makes training a long walk for him I assume. It isn't that much bigger than mine and could probably fit about twenty people maximum, and that is about how many people there are.

"Thank the lord." I hear someone say and they grab my arm. I whip around to meet faces with Jack.

"Can I help you?" I inquire. I search the room for Tanner, but don't seem to find him.

"You're my ticket out of here my friend. I'm sick of these people." He pulls my hand towards the exit but I tug back.

"What? I just got here."

He rolls his eyes. "Tanner isn't here if you couldn't already tell, so unless you want to be left alone in a room full of idiots, then come with me."

Confused, I let him take me out of the busy dorm room and he shuts the door behind us as a few more people enter. They give us strange looks as we pass.

"Why did Tanner leave his own party?" I question as we speed past the hundreds of dorm rooms at a quick pace.

I'm not sure why he's in such a rush, but I trust him.
"He left because he invited only a few people over and then they invited their friends. The uninvited people started messing his room up and they almost got into a fight, which would've been fun to watch. But I told Tanner to cool off and that we should leave. He told me I had to stay because he said you were coming. Thank goodness you did, I can't stand those guys." Jack explains, shaking his head as he spoke.

City of the Fallen - uneditedजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें