Telum's Safe Space

Please note, this is the first in a series of chapters where my OCs do stuff in their own fandoms.

Telum ran, and ran, and ran. He was almost there. Just a little further...

Roger grabbed Telum with his long arms. Before Roger could do anything else, Telum stabbed him with one of his shivs, and kept running. Why wasn't there any carpet?!? Roger quickly recovered, and started after Telum once again. His hands were three feet away. Two feet away. One foot away.

Telum slid into the crack in the wall, and Roger slammed into it. Telum sighed in relief, and retreated further into the wall. Eventually, he wound up in a small, house-like area.

Telum: (Home sweet home...)

He sat on a stack of old clothes, and listened to the sounds of the Maw. He pulled out his cleaver, and inspected it. He was gonna have to go out again soon to find a replacement handle, since its current one was too thin. It unbalanced the cleaver, and made it harder to handle. But first, he was gonna nap for a bit.

A few hours later...

Telum sat up, his chest heaving. He had that dream again. The one in the courthouse. The Judge always stared at him, their misshapen face fused with their robe. The Jury watched from the stands, their featureless faces staring at the Judge and Telum. Right before the Judge gave his verdict, the dream always ended, leaving Telum to wake up with that constant feeling of fear.

He got up, grabbed more shivs, and headed out for another day of scavenging. Maybe he'd see that girl in the raincoat again. God, he hoped not.