(LORE) Legend's New Pet

Legend walked into his room and noticed the Static creature on his bed.

Legend: Hey there, little buddy! I thought dad sent you back...

The Static hopped onto his head, snuggling into his messy hair. Legend sat on his bed and pulled out his batteries.

Legend: (Ganxer wasn't kidding about the batteries...) Hey, Punne, want some batteries?

The creature popped out of his hair and onto his lap, perked up at the sound of batteries. Legend pulled out some and handed them to Punne, who quickly gobbled them up. Legend popped a few into his mouth and also ate them.

Legend: So, I'm guessing you're not gonna leave anytime soon?

Punne: *Shakes head*

Legend: Alright. Well, since you're gonna stay, wanna stay in my room?

Punne: *Rapidly nods head*

Legend chuckled, and got up. Punne climbed back onto his head and snuggled into his hair again. Legend grabbed his phone, and walked out of his room. He walked to the kitchen, and was vaguely aware of Punne sleeping in his hair. He kinda liked this thing...

Must then, I walked into the room, holding my camera.

Legend!

Legend: *Jumps* Dammit! What did I saw about scaring me like that?

I dunno. Anyway, I need you to go get me some more samples of Caretaker's goop.

Legend: I thought I got you a ton of the stuff?

It's gone! I don't know how, and I don't know when, but it just dissapeared!

Legend: Why don't you just send Greeny? He's more than capable of doing it.

As if on cue, Lime walked into the room.

Legend: Speak of the devil and he shall appear.

Lime: Rude! And again, it's THEY or THEM, asshole!

Legend: *Rolls eyes* Whatever.

Hey Lime! How ya doin' today?

Lime: I just finished recording my first Journal Entry, like you suggested. Legend almost killed me...

Oh did he now? Legend, go get me the goop, and we'll talk about this later.

Legend: Ugh, fine!

Legend walked in the direction of the basement, then remembered Punne. He teleported to his room and picked up Punne out of his hair. He quickly made him a little bed and set him in it, still sleeping. Legend walked into his bathroom and looked in the mirror. The whites of his eyes had turned black, and his whole body seemed darker.

Legend: Welp, better get this over with.

He teleported out of his bathroom, leaving a static outline of himself behind for less than a second. He appeared in front of the Basement door and opened it, walking down into the Basement. He walked straight to Caretaker's door, and opened it. He was sitting on his bed, watching the TV Legend had gotten him.

Legend: Hey bro. I need another sample, is that alright?

Caretaker absently nodded, and continued watching his show. Legend quickly swabbed a bit out of his eye and was about to leave, when he noticed what Caretaker was watching.

Legend: Whoa, is that Scooby-Doo?

Caretaker: Yep! An oldie but a goodie.

Legend: *Legend sits next to Caretaker, making him tense up* I haven't watched this in forever...what's this episode about?

Caretaker: ...

Legend: Caretaker?

Legend turns to see why his brother didn't answer, and saw him doubled over in pain.

Legend: Shit! Are you okay?

Caretaker: *Pained* I hear static! Why do I hear static!?

Legend: I don't kno-

But Legend did know. He didn't realize it, but he'd been emitting a small static sound for a few days now. Now he knew. He quickly backed up from Caretaker and sat in the corner. Caretaker visibly relaxed, and sat back up, breathing heavily. He now had a black streak in his hair, and his face was dripping faster.

Caretaker: Legend...are you okay?

Legend: I...I don't think so, bro. I don't think so...I don't think I can safely visit anymore.

Caretaker: What? What are you talking about?

Legend: That static...it was my fault. I was bitten by one of Ganxer's Statics, and now I'm pretty sick. I've managed to mostly hide it, but I don't know how much longer that can last. I eat batteries now, brother. Batteries!

Caretaker sat in silence as he watched his brother start to cry in the corner. He wished he could go and comfort him, he really did! But it could literally kill him. So instead he made a little doll and sent it over to Legend, making it hug him. Legend picked up the doll and hugged it tightly, resembling the child Caretaker remembered him being for a few minutes. After a bit, Legend stopped crying, black tears coating his face. He stood up and held out the doll.

Caretaker: Keep it. If you can't visit me, then you can at least keep a part of me with you.

Legend sniffled and thanked him. He brought it closer to his chest and started his way back to his room. On his way he met Lime.

Lime: Hey, are you okay? You seem upset-

Legend: I'm fine! *Realises his outburst* Sorry. I'm fine. Thanks for your concern.

Lime: What happened down there?

Legend: I'm don't feel comfortable talking about that yet...sorry.

Lime: *Surprised* It's okay. You don't have to talk about it if you don't want to.

Legend: Thanks, Lime. Maybe you aren't so bad after all.

Lime: No problem! I'm here if you need me.

Legend: Alright.

Legend smiled and teleported to his room, leaving behind a faint static image of himself.

Lime: ...I wish I could teleport.

Back With Legend

Legend sat on his bed, clutching the doll. It looked like a mini-version of Caretaker, right down to the smirk he used to make whenever he beat Legend on a video game. His eyes were replaced with buttons, and his sword was actually just a pin. But all-in-all, it wasn't bad. Punne hopped onto Legend's bed and nuzzled him.

Legend: Heh...you hungry?

Punne: *Rapidly nods*

Legend: *Pulls out a TV remote and some batteries, handing the TV remote to Punne* There ya go little buddy.

Legend curled up onto his bed and fell asleep, and Punne nuzzle ino his hair and did the same.