(LORE) Can We Trust Him...?

Lotus brought the audio recorder into his room, confused about what Anubis was hiding from them.

Lotus: He wouldn't just hide something like this...right?

He dragged Legend, Will, and Order into his room using his vines, and brought out the audio recorder.

Lotus: Gentlemen, I have called this meeting to discuss something important- Will, are you fucking snacking!?

Will: *Mouth full* Absolutely not. *Puts away snacks*

Lotus: As I was saying...As dad's first four OCs-

Legend: (Wrong. There's another two...)

Lotus: -it is our duty to watch over our fellow housemates. Which is why I stole this.

Lotus dropped an audio recorder on the ground with the initials "AAH" on it. Naturally, Will picked it up, rewound it to the very beginning, and set it down for them all to listen.

Entry 1: Hello, my name is *Glitched static*, but you can call me Anubis. I recently began working on fixing Caretaker's...condition once again. And so far I've discovered more than I thought possible. *Shuffling sounds, and then the sounds of paper* These results show that not only does the disease corrupt its host, it also enhances them. Increased strength, stamina, speed, everything! Hell, I'm pretty sure people could get powers from this as well! The only problem is the corruption...

The tape ended, and skipped to another part, past some other stuff.

Entry 137: Hey, Anubis again. I had an idea. I've been experimenting with something I call "Mirror Tech" for a bit, and have come through with a breakthrough. Not what I hoped it would be, but better than nothing. I found a way to take a reflection from my Mirror Tech and bring it into the physical world. If done right, this can serve as a sort of cloning machine. I found this out by accident, and am keeping the clone in solitary confinement in the secret area of my lab. Perhaps I can use him as a lab rat...

Tape ends again, and skips some more.

Entry 529: I've exposed the subject to the disease, and have managed to get him into the stasis tube. Oddly enough, upon exposure to the disease, my clone changed...kinda. His hair and eye colors inverted, and his skin turned grey. That's not what confused me though. His clothes also changed. He had a cape, no jacket, red boots, a grey shirt with a red symbol on it, and some weird crystal things on his shoulder. Oh! He also had the cutest little hat... I know this is just a thing with the clone because...because, uh...fuck it, nobody's gonna hear these things. I got infected at the same time Caretaker did, and I look exactly the same. Granted, my eyes sometimes turn black, but thats it! Perhaps the clone isn't as good a guinea pig...

More skipping.

Lotus: What does he mean by "Disease"? The fuck is that supposed to mean?

Legend: ...is he fucking kidding me?

Will: Uh, you okay Legend?

Legend: I can't even...what the fuck is wrong with him!?

The tape began playing again.

Entry 1143. Subject appears to be capable resisting extreme cold. Add that to the list of miracles held in this virus. *Sighs* If only it didn't have those negative effects...whatever. Next test is lack of nutrition. How long can the subject survive without food and water? Will return everyday to monitor their vitals. Until then, I should start testing on this "Static" that Ganxer seems to have brought to my home. A dangerous disease, sure, but surely it must have some benefits. ... Speaking of which, I should keep my eye on her OC, Benefit. Cameras have detected a change in his Character Makeup. Could be related to the Static. Should fortify the area around my home, and all doors leading to alternate parts of the SBF. Specifically the one that leads next to Ganxer's house. Could explain how she keeps getting here so fast... This is Anubis, signing off.

The tape ended, and the recorder exploded.

Order: Holy shit-

They all sat there in silence. Eventually, Lotus spoke up.

Lotus: We need to figure out what's going on here. Starting with you. *Points at Legend*

Legend: What do you mean-

Will: You know what he fucking means. Tell us about this little "experiment" of da- Anubis's. You're his assistant, so you should know!

Legend: ...

Order: Guys, calm down! I'm sure even dad doesn't share certain things with him!

Legend: ...we can't trust Anubis. Not with this new information.

Order: Hey, Legend...you aren't looking so hot.

Indeed he wasn't. Legend had large bags under his eyes, and was a couple shades from being pitch-black. Punne was sticking out of his hair, and the air around Legend seemed almost like it was covered with a static filter.

Legend: I'm fine...just fine.

Everyone sat there thinking. Then Legend stood up.

Legend: We have to keep this to ourselves. If he figures out we heard this, who knows what he'd do.

They all nodded, and went their separate ways.

Meanwhile...

I walked into the lab, and noticed the audio recorder was gone.

Dammit...I have to find a way to get these to stop exploding.