The Arrival

Anubis sat in front of his computer, running more calculations and experimenting on Virus 35-A.

"So, any breakthroughs today?"

Anubis turned to see Liam floating in the center of the room, looking around at everything. Anubis grumbled.

"No, and don't touch anything! I need this place neat and orderly for the new arrivals today."

Liam floated over next to Anubis. "So...why did you invite them, anyways?"

Anubis pushed a button on his keyboard and the simulation ended. He turned off the computer and turned to face Liam. "Well, they both have unique knowledge of sciences that could prove useful."

Anubis looked at the time. "SHIT! We're behind schedule. Get the others ready, and check the locks in the basement! This must be perfect."

Liam gave a mock salute and floated through the wall, grabbing the megaphone on the way.

A few hours later...

Anubis sat in front of his house, the others still inside preparing for the dinner. He kept checking his watch nervously and looking at the space in front of him.

"They're running late..."

Suddenly, the space in front of him distorted, a black and white portal appearing, out of which stepped out a strange red creature and a being made of slime.

The red creature had black eyes, wing-like appendages, and was wearing a blue jumpsuit with various pieces of tech fused to it. The slime creature was wearing a light-blue shirt with a darker blue sweatpants, and a lab coat. The red creature opened its mouth to speak, and its voice had a slight robotic tinge to it.

"Hello again, Anubis."

"Hello, Balthazar."

The slime creature waved too. "Hi Anubis!"

Anubis turned to face her. "Hello Yveline. Glad to see you've accepted my offer."

Yveline laughed, before Balthazar gestured around them. "I see this place has gained some color since last I visited."

Anubis rubbed the back of his head. "Yeah...I'm not really the only one here anymore. By the way, did you bring what I asked?"

Yveline pulled a strange piece of technology from her lab coat. "Here it is!"

Anubis grabbed it and put it away...somewhere. He doesn't seem to have pockets, so what the fuck? The door behind Anubis opened, and out walked Legend with a clipboard. "Alright, so, I set up the table, kept Liam from spiking the punch, and Hellfire is sober enough to be cooking he food, so he's on that. Other than that, everything's ready. So, when will your-" Legend stared at Balthazar...and Balthazar stared back.

"..."

"..."

Yveline looked back and forth between the two. "So...you said something about food? I'm starving!"

Legend's eyes turned white and he looked pissed. "You, we do not forget easily..."

Anubis shoved Legend back inside. "I apologize for him, he, uh, still is a bit salty about the...you know."

Balthazar waved his hand. "If he didn't want to accept my apology, that's his problem."

They sat there for a couple minutes before Telum came out and pulled on Anubis's pantleg.

"Everythings ready!"

Anubis looked down and pat his head. "We'll be right in."

Telum jogged back into the house, leaving the door ajar.