Return of A Legend

Legend sat up, gasping for air. Where was he? Was Narrator okay? Why did his chest ache?

Legend took a deep breath, then let it out slowly. He needed to calm down, figure out where he was. He looked around and noticed that he was in some kind of black void, the ground covered in some black liquid with glowing blue undertones. Was he in the Basement?

Suddenly, some of the ground in front of him began rising, collecting into a vaguely humanoid shape. Then it gained color, and suddenly he was looking at a mirror of himself, almost an exact copy except for the unsettling smile.

The entity looked around and spoke. "My my, young Legend. Seems like you're in a predicament, aren't you?"

Legend tilted his head, confused. "Who are you? Where am I?"

The entity bowed. "You may call me Doctor." It stood straight up again. "I'll be your caretaker for the time being." It tilted its head, seemingly staring through Legend. "Well...in here, that is."

Legend looked behind him. There was nobody there, and where exactly was here?

The entity, Doctor, frowned. "Of course, unless you cooperate, it'll take a lot longer."

Legend shook himself put of his thoughts. "Take longer? Wait, what'll take longer?"

Doctor seemed confused. "You mean to tell me you have no clue where you are right now?"

Legend shook his head. He watched Doctor pull a clipboard put of the ground and look it over, before looking disgusted. "Oh...you're one of those."

Now he felt offended. Legend scowled and stood up, forgetting he'd been sitting down, and stared down Doctor. "One of what? The hell's that supposed to mean?"

Doctor looked at him, its eyes filled with disgust. "You're an - ugh - Adopted Model...aren't you?" It gagged while getting the words out.

Oh, now Legend was angry. "Yeah, so what?! That make me lesser than other Models, somehow?"

Doctor's look of disgust was quickly replaced with a sinister, judging smile. "Why of course it does...what do you know of Model Society? How much do you know of yourself, beyond the basics left encoded within your Essence Sphere? Do you even realize what's happening at this very moment?"

Legend crossed his arms, his anger boiling within him. "No, but if you're so much more "enlightened" than me, why don't you go ahead and tell me? Clearly you're dying to."

Doctor stuck its hand into the floor and scooped up a bunch of the goop the floor seemed to be made of, before walking over to Legend. "You, Adopted trash, are currently in a Model Recovery Coma." It put its arm around his shoulder, holding the goop in front of Legend. "You have suffered both great physical and emotional trauma, and must be fixed and back into working order. And that is where I come in. It is my job to get you better, meaning I have complete, and total, control."

Doctor squeezed the goop in his hand and a crushing pain shot through Legend's head, causing him to collapse to the ground and grip his head. His screams of pain echoed through the odd landscape as Doctor walked around to his front and leaned down to see his face.

"You will be healed, yes...but I won't make it easy."

Legend scowled at it and spat in its direction, causing Doctor to grab more of the goop and squeeze it. Legend screamed again and curled up, beginning to pass out from the pain. The last thing he heard was Doctor laughing as it looked down distastefully at him. Then he passed out.

Several Months Later

Legend sat in an armchair, scowling at Doctor who was sitting in another armchair across from him. Doctor wore its usual smile, looking at a clipboard. They were both still in Legend's head, but Doctor had shaped the goop into an entire room with comfortable furniture and a desk for it to work. This was the first time Legend had been allowed inside this room, so there must be something different today.

Doctor looked up from its clipboard and sighed. "It seems our time is over. Oh what a shame." Doctor flashed sharp teeth. "I had so many more 'treatments' planned, but I guess that doesn't matter now." Doctor stood up and opened the door to the room, revealing the goop had spun itself into a massive vortex in the ground.

Doctor gestured to the door. "You will most likely not remember any of this, but in the case you do you will tell no one. Understand?"

Legend stood up and rolled his eyes. "Whatever. Just get me the fuck out of here." Legend walked to the door and looked out at the swirling void. "So do I just jump or-"

Before Legend could finish, Doctor shoved him through the door and closed it, letting Legend fall through the vortex and into glowing blue and green lights.

Everything disappeared. Legend couldn't hear or see or even talk. All he felt was the wind rushing against his skin, which was weird because he didn't hear any wind. He turned around and saw that the blue light was dimmer, with the green light growing in intensity. Soon enough, the green light surrounded the blue, but Legend could still see a small bit of the blue within the green. Then the lights shone intensely, causing Legend to close his eyes to block it out.

------------

Legend fell out of his bed and stood up, looking around, breathing heavily. Where was he? Was this his room? Or another trick from Doctor?

"Legend? Are you finally awake you asshole?" An all too familiar voice. And not one Legend thought he would ever miss.

Legend spun around to see Sam, floating behind him with his arms crossed. Sam looked as abrasive and mischievous as normal, but Legend could see in his eyes that he was relieved. And tired...very tired. Sam was at least three shades paler than normal, and he somehow had dark bags under his eyes despite having no physical body.

Legend was shocked when Sam's expression softened and he flew over to Legend and hugged him. Sam pulled away and looked into his eyes, before taking a deep breath. "If you ever do anything like this again and leave me alone to care for your body while you're off in dreamland, I will make your life a living hell when you wake again...understand?"

Legend nodded. He looked down at himself, seeing if Sam had remembered to-

"Dammit, Sam, you couldn't even change me into another shirt?" Legend was still wearing the same torn shirt from...that day. Upon this realization, two thoughts popped into Legend's head. The first thought was the loudest, which was about Narrator. The second, more quiet thought was that he felt...wrong. He pushed away the second thought and grabbed Sam's shoulders.

"Sam, where's Narrator?! Is she okay? Is she hurt?" Legend shook Sam back and forth, gripping his non-existent shoulders. Sam pushed away from him, rubbing the back of his head.

"Kinda...? She's alive, but not exactly how she was. She, uh, m.......t.rem......y.u..." Sam mumbled the last part. Legend gave a confused look.

"Whaf was that?"

Sam sighed and looked to the side. "I said she, uh, might not remember you..." Sam looked nervously at Legend to gage his reaction.

Legend just stood still, staring into space. Sam looked into his eyes and noticed something was different about them. There were now flecks of green in his once pure blue eyes. Did Narrator cause that...? Or had it been the dagger that had stabbed Sam earlier that same day? Before Sam could ask about it, Legend looked directly at him and spoke.

"Take me to her. Now." Though most would've been able to hear it, Sam heard small tones of sadness and worry in Legend's words. He nodded and floated to the window and opened it, struggling as he was currently in his normal form, before gesturing outside.

"After you."