For the Sake of Confidentiality

Warning: Graphic Content Contained Within and Mentions of Suicide.

Killcode wandered through the house, seeming bored. She knew she was supposed to be hunting Mirror, but...it just didn't feel right anymore. There was just this feeling in her gut. You know that feeling where you think you left the stove on, or you're about to go to bed and realized you never closed the front door? It felt like that.

She had expressed her concerns to her brother, but he had waved her off. He was busy trying to find Mirror, of course. He didn't have time for her doubts. So she went to find Anubis and talk to him. The natural place to look would be his lab. So she went there.

She watched Yveline walk into the lab and got a notification on her visor. She opened it and saw it was a message from an unknown individual.

If you seek answers, seek the third room.

She tried to trace the message, but she didn't see the message anymore. She'd ask her brother about it later. She noticed Yveline leaving the lab and walk away. So Killcode walked into the lab.

She walked in just in time to notice a bookshelf slide into place, suspiciously. "The heck? Does Anubis have a secret room?" She scanned the bookshelf and realised it contained a pressure-based sensor set to the highest setting.

...What does he do, punch this thing? She walked to where the sensor was and hit it with her bo staff, causing it to open. She smiled to herself, glad she didn't have to hurt herself.

When she walked in, the bookshelf closed behind her, and the room behind it lit up. It was...another lab. How boring. Looking around, Killcode saw multiple screens with the term "Virus 35-A". What was that? She scanned the multiple consoles and found no further information. It was all locked behind a firewall, and she couldn't get past it. That was usually Diagnostic's job. So, naturally, she turned to leave, but then she heard a hissing sound.

Killcode turned around and saw a part of the wall sliding open. She hid in a security camera, the light on it becoming a light pink. Anubis walked out of the hole in the wall, the hole closing up behind him. As he walked out of the lab, the message from before popped into her head.

If you seek answers, seek the third room.

Huh...a bit on the nose, but okay. When she heard the bookshelf close, she jumped out of the camera and walked to where Anubis had walked out of the wall. She scanned it and saw multiple encrypted locks, which made her wonder why Anubis needed such heavy protections on this room. Was he hiding something?

Killcode took a chance and jumped at the wall, closing her eyes and preparing for impact. But there was nothing. She opened her eyes and found herself in one of the locks, staring at the other locks. They were a bright red and surrounded by tiny, digital Sentinels of various shapes and sizes. Killcode smiled and cracked her knuckles. She hadn't had a good fight in a while.

She pulled out her bo staff and whistled, getting the attention of all of the Sentinels. Killcode frowned. She would have preferred to do this one lock at a time, but she could live with this. As a smaller, more dog-like Sentinel ran at her, she impaled her staff into it, causing it to melt into a pile of code.

More began rushing Killcode, and she swiftly dealt with each of them. Then the big ones came. They were more than three times her size, and Killcode felt the "ground" shake beneath her feet as they lumbered towards her. There were three of them, one looked more like a Troll with a tree as a weapon, another a fantastically massive Knight with a sword and shield, and another still was more like an Archer with a large bow.

The troll reached her first, and she jumped onto his head and impaled her staff into his head, not killing him but taking control. Make the fight a bit easier. She made the troll run at the Archer, since it was most likely the one with the weakest defense. That, and she didn't like people taking pot-shots at a distance. The Troll smashed its club down onto the Archer, and it dodged out of the way.