Business Trip

Anubis walked out of his lab in the wee hours of the morning holding a briefcase, much to Will's surprise.

"Where in the hell are you going with a briefcase?" He asked.

"On a business trip."

"Where?"

"Elsewhere." Anubis brushed off the question.

Will noticed, unfortunately. "You almost never leave the house, and now you're going in a 'business trip'? I don't buy it."

Anubis rolled his eyes. "Just tell the others I'll be back in a few days." And he opened a door and disappeared. Will tried to follow but when he opened the door, it just led to a wall.

"What the fuck...?"

-------

Anubis stepped out into a bright city bustling with people, having to repress the urge to hiss at the brightness of the sun. His odd appearance got several stares from passerby on the street, but none spoke up about it. He looked around until he found a nearby park and sat in the middle of the grass, getting a human skull, a floating orb of black liquid, and a glowing black liquid in a bottle.

People were gathering around to watch. He smiled, knowing they were only helping him. He cleared his throat and closed his eyes.

"Urbem sole fulgidam! Nox tenet obscura locum!"

(City with sun shining bright! Join the place of darkest night!)

The sky darkened with clouds, and the bystanders looked up in shock. Anubis heard a woman in the crowd question if he was responsible, but he didn't care. He continued.

"Et tua essentia pascam incantamenta! Et cresce spatium cadentibus!"

(And with your essence shall I feed the spell! To increase the space for those who fell!)

He drank the glowing liquid and his eyes went black. The orb stretched into a circle around him...and shot out at the bystanders. Before they could utter a sound, their bodies were melted into the black goo and absorbed into Anubis, who shot it into the sky, creating a Dome around the city.

-------

Anubis watched for several days as the city slowly decayed, buildings disappearing and falling apart slowly. He watched those who remained scattering about like ants. This was always his least favorite part. Waiting for them all to die or fade out. But he had to do this. It kept them at bay.

-------

When the city disappeared and the Dome fell, Anubis sat in the crater, watching as news helicopters came to report the situation and emergency services came to help whoever they could. But nobody was left. Except for Anubis. He closed his briefcase and walked into a nearby boulder, disappearing. Anubis reappeared in his lab and drank a bottle of glowing white liquid, purging the black liquid from his system.

"God, what a week..."

-------

Will Fox sat in the "cafeteria", waiting for the others to return. He sent them to scout out the new space that appeared and hopefully find a better place for base camp. Since the first "Expansion", they're cells had disappeared and they were thrust into a farm-like area. They made it their hew home, killing any Faded that may occasionally appear. But lately... They had to find the door out. They lost the door and hadn't been able to find the way out. He remembered it was right next to his cell, but now...

He tried to keep up appearances. They looked up to him. But he was running out of hope.

You're really going to give up hope now? These people rely on you!

"Maybe...I guess you're right."

Yeah! Without us, they wouldn't be able to kick as much ass!

"I guess that's true as well..."

It's only a matter of time until we manage to find it.

Will Fox sighed. "Maybe...maybe not."

Will listened as his "Others" argued amongst themselves. Then, Zombie Sans shuffled through the door, his arm falling off. He put it back on and slowly shuffled to WF.

"W-w-we found a goo-ood building this ti-time. Should look at i-it."

WF rose out of his chair and followed Zombie Sans, closing the door behind him.