Chapter 18: Abducted Rin

Jaken was still sulking as they watched Rin move sneakily about the melon patch, looking for the perfect one to steal, and Yuki nudged Jaken.

"Come on, Jaken. Cheer up." Yuki said, and he moaned: "All that work, wasted."

But Yuki pointed out: "Well, this is for the best anyway."

"What did you say?" Jaken snapped at her, but Yuki simply stated: "Jaken, you know Sesshomaru. If you got the sword for him instead of him winning it from Inuyasha on his own, he wouldn't appreciate it. He'd probably be mad you stole it instead of letting him beat Inuyasha and take Tetsusaiga with his own power."

Jaken gaped, and Yuki knew she had him. While she didn't approve, she knew Sesshomaru well enough to know that was exactly how he would see it. And it seemed that had finally dawned on Jaken as well. Yuki smiled as Jaken harrumphed.

"Silly wench." He muttered, but Yuki knew there was no bite in his words.

She settled back on her hands, intending to relax, when she stiffened. Yuki shot to her feet quickly, startling Jaken, as she smelt an all-too familiar scent, right before a harsh wind started to blow around them.

Jaken flinched, hiding his face, as Rin did the same, but Yuki bared her teeth as a familiar purple-clad figure dropped down to the melon field in front of them.

"Kagura." She snarled, as Jaken gasped: "It's you, again!"

"Yuki." Kagura greeted pleasantly, and Yuki snapped: "Leave, now."

"My, my, what's the matter? Worried about something?" Kagura taunted, and Yuki's jaw locked as Kagura's eyes flickered to Jaken and Rin, who were clearly much weaker and therefore very vulnerable.

"Hm, Sesshomaru's so careless." Kagura mused. "Leaving you in charge!"

She swung her fan at Yuki, who drew her knives instantly to block the attack.

"Rin, to A-Un, now!" She ordered as she charged Kagura. "Jaken, you too!"

"Yuki!" Rin gasped, as Yuki swung at Kagura, who ducked the blade and sent another attack at Yuki.

"Haha, you're strong, I'll give you that." Kagura laughed. "But you're wide open!"

She suddenly flung her fan, sending an attack to the side, and Yuki's eyes widened as she saw it head right for Jaken.

"Jaken!" Yuki shouted, jumping to block the blow as Jaken shrieked, but her heart sank as Rin cried out.

She looked over, her fears confirmed as Kagura held an unconscious as she flew up into the sky on her feather.

"Check!" She called, making Yuki grind her teeth.

"Rin!" Jaken gasped as Kagura flew away. "RIN!"

"Jaken, get Sesshomaru!" Yuki shouted as she ran after Kagura.

Leaving the gaping Jaken, she raced for all she was worth after the retreating demon, jumping on tree branches high above the ground as she yelled: "Kagura!"

"So persistent." Kagura sighed, glancing back at the chasing half-demon. "I wonder if that's a half-demon trait."

"Let Rin go!" Yuki shouted, in no mood for games as she bared her teeth and held her knives ready to kill, and Kagura chuckled.

"Definitely a half-demon trait." She taunted, and Yuki growled.

But she couldn't use her attacks while Rin was with Kagura; her only hope was to get close enough to get Rin back. And then she'd teach Kagura a thing or two about pissing off a half-artic fox demon.