Chapter 67: Complete Meido

"Sesshomaru!" Yuki shouted, while Inuyasha yelled at his brother indignantly: "What the hell was that for, huh?!"

"Do not interfere!" Sesshomaru snapped back at Inuyasha, before turning back to Shishinki.

His eyes narrowed, Sesshomaru launched himself into the air, his claws raised as he rushed at Shishinki.

"Gah!" Jaken cried, while Yuki called: "Sesshomaru, stop! You're not thinking straight!"

"To the underworld with you!" Shishinki laughed, throwing another Meido at Sesshomaru that the dog demon easily dodged.

"Shishinki's Meido is powerful but small!" Miroku noted. "If he can just keep avoiding it..."

But Shishinki laughed as he asked Sesshomaru: "How long can you keep this up?"

With that, he threw an entire barrage of Meidos, and Sesshomaru's quick feet and agile reflexes were the only things that stopped him from being sucked into one.

"Eek!" Jaken cried, while Yuki shouted in terror: "Sesshomaru, STOP!"

Sesshomaru paid her no mind, and Inuyasha yelled, worried as well: "Stop it, Sesshomaru! Even you won't be able to dodge all of those!"

Sesshomaru ignored him too, as he avoided all the Meidos and flew closer towards Shishinki, who smirked as he said gleefully: "It appears despair has clouded your judgment, Sesshomaru. Well, that works for me."

With that, he threw another onslaught of Meidos, and Yuki's eyes widened as Sesshomaru had less space and time to avoid the Meidos as he got closer to Shishinki.

"Lord Sesshomaru!" Rin cried in fear, when Yuki called in warning: "A-Un!"

The dragon quickly flew out of the way as a stray Meido came right at them, while Rin yelped, and Jaken shrieked.

"We have to move away or we'll get hit." Kohaku said anxiously, and Yuki agreed: "Yes – you do!"

With that, she leapt off A-Un, slapping the dragon's side as she went.

"Yuki!" Rin called, but the half-demoness had already landed beside Kagome while A-Un went flying off high into the sky at Yuki's instruction, taking the two children and Jaken away from danger.

"Yuki!" Kagome gasped in surprise, but Yuki focused on Myoga – who was on Kagome's shoulder now that Inuyasha had gone close to the fight, no surprises there – and she demanded: "Myoga, what was the Inu no Taisho really thinking when he entrusted the Tenseiga to Sesshomaru?"

"Hm? I don't know what you mean." Myoga asked evasively, and Yuki warned: "Tell me now, Myoga, before Sesshomaru gets himself killed. And if that happens, I'll kill you."

Both Miroku and Sango cocked their heads at the utter desperation in Yuki's tone, while Myoga hesitated as he stared at the half-demoness before him. He feared for Sesshomaru's safety as the others did, but he feared for his own life more if Sesshomaru ever found out the real truth.

They were interrupted by a loud bang, and they glanced back to see that Sesshomaru had gotten close enough to try to throw a blow at Shishinki; but the demon had dodged Sesshomaru's claws, causing Sesshomaru to hit empty rock while Shishinki leapt higher.

"Ah!" The group gasped, while Yuki grit her teeth.

Sesshomaru's anger was making him sloppy and too reckless, something Shishinki also recognized as he asked with a smirk: "You fool; you think you can defeat me with only your claws?"

The demon threw another barrage of Meidos, that Sesshomaru quickly leapt about to dodge, but...

"He's doing a good job of dodging them." Miroku noted, trying to comfort Yuki, but the half-demoness shook her head.