Chapter 75: Bakusaiga

As the energy from the electric explosion died down, the group all stared in wonder to see Sesshomaru standing in the centre of the explosion in his full glory - unscathed, with Tenseiga in his right hand... and a strange cackling energy where his left arm should be. The same electric energy that had torn Magatsuhi's body apart.

"Sesshomaru..." Inuyasha murmured, shocked, while Yuki closed her eyes in relief.

"Lord Sesshomaru!" Rin cried in delight, brightening up instantly while Jaken just sobbed even harder as he wailed, "I'm so glad you're safe!"

Magatsuhi's expression conveyed the complete opposite of their joy as he stared at Sesshomaru with a mix of incredulity and fear. A fear that only increased as they all sensed the approaching presence, and Magatsuhi looked up to see Totosai sitting atop Momo as she flew toward them.

"Master Totosai!" Miroku called in surprise to see the old master, but the swordsmith was staring down solely at Sesshomaru. The dog demon's eyes narrowed in response.

'Totosai.' Sesshomaru thought to himself as he sensed more of Magatsuhi's tentacles shooting up in a last-minute attempt at defense. 'In that case...'

His eyes shifted to glance briefly at his crackling left side before he launched all the energy he could feel in his left side at Magatsuhi's body. The resulting explosion took out not only the tentacles that were speeding toward Sesshomaru but Magatsuhi's entire body.

Inuyasha dropped down, released from Magatsuhi's grip, and he landed in a crouch as he stared up at Sesshomaru in wonder.

"But how...?" He gaped at the same time Rin gasped, "Master Jaken, do you see that?"

"I do." Jaken replied in amazement while a small, reluctant but proud smile appeared on Yuki's face.

For far above their heads, Sesshomaru floated... wielding a new sword in his left hand.

"His arm..." Shippo said with wide-eyed disbelief.

"It's the arm that Inuyasha cut off." Jaken spluttered.

Only Sesshomaru and Totosai remained stoic, though it was only the latter who was actually calm.

"So, it's finally appeared, Sesshomaru." Totosai murmured before he spoke louder for Sesshomaru to hear. "Finally a weapon that did not belong to your father. This is your sword, Bakusaiga."

"Bakusaiga." Sesshomaru repeated thoughtfully as he examined the shining blade in his hand, the sword still glowing with energy.

A low thump had their attention returning to where the pieces of Magatsuhi's body were lumping back together on the pieces that had fallen from Sesshomaru's attack, the way Naraku's bodies always did when they were healing.

"Are they going to combine again?" Inuyasha asked tensely, lifting Tetsusaiga in anticipation.

But they were all stunned when the pieces of flesh suddenly shook before they exploded in the same manner that the original body had under Sesshomaru's attack.

"The effect of his blade remains even now." Sango said in shock, and Miroku added in wonder, "Not only does it remain, but it continues to spread."

They watched as the pieces that had been unscathed by Sesshomaru's initial attack fell to useless pieces of charred flesh after coming into contact with the pieces Sesshomaru had blasted before.

"I'll admit..." Magatsuhi began slowly, a forced smile back on his lips. "This diversion has turned out to be pretty surprising. However," and his confidence returned with his own conviction in his words. "As I am only borrowing this body, you've done me no harm."