Chapter 4: Tokijin

The sword suddenly pulsed and Kaijinbo's manic smile widened as he pointed his sword directly at Inuyasha, saying triumphantly: "So you are Inuyasha! The sword has told me so. Disappointing."

Their eyes narrowed as Kaijinbo smirked: "I expected a demon, and yet I am faced with a mere mortal."

He laughed, and the group tensed even further as they faced the deranged demon.

"Inuyasha," Miroku asked quietly as they watched Kaijinbo carefully, "have you ever wronged this swordsmith that you know of?"

"No." Inuyasha admitted, but Yuki interjected quietly: "It's the sword. The sword is controlling him, and I'd bet it was made of the demon you said you fought recently, Inuyasha. The one that broke your Tetsusaiga."

Inuyasha's eyes widened and he gasped: "Goshinki. You're saying that sword was made from Goshinki's fangs?"

"Hehehe, yes indeed." Kaijinbo smiled. "And it thirsts for your blood, Inuaysha!"

Inuyasha's eyes narrowed angrily and he snapped: "I'm tired of listening to your jabbering! Prepare yourself, Kaijinbo! I'll hack you to pieces!"

He made to run at Kaijinbo, but Miroku lifted his staff to stop him while Yuki moved to placed herself directly in front of Inuyasha, standing between him and Kaijinbo.

"Huh?" Inuyasha asked, looking at Miroku and then Yuki incredulously. "What're you doing?"

"Don't be an idiot." Yuki pointed out. "You don't stand a chance in your current state, and you don't even have your sword."

"We'll deal with this." Sango promised as she ran ahead, taking first aim.

"Hiraikotsu!" She shouted as she threw her weapon, the enormous boomerang whipping through the air and towards Kaijinbo.

The demon ducked slightly, easily avoiding the demon slayer's weapon, and as it flew passed him, he mocked: "Ah, pity about your poor aim..."

He paused as the weapon came flying back at him, and Yuki's eyes narrowed as she saw Tokijin pulse once more before Kaijinbo turned and swung the sword... cutting right through Hiraikotsu. Sango's eyes widened in horror as she stared at the broken pieces of her weapon, while Kaijinbo laughed: "You fool!"

Yuki's posture tightened, but before she could move Miroku had taken off, shouting: "I'll admit your sword is formidable, which is why I'll have to resort to this!"

He threw a sutra right at Kaijinbo's head, the spiritual power paralyzing Kaijinbo as the demon screamed in pain, and Miroku swung his staff.

"Heaven's punishment!" He shouted as he smacked his staff right onto the sutra, splitting Kaijinbo's head in two, and causing the demon to fall back, seemingly dead.

The others stood in awe as Miroku turned away, thinking he'd won, but Yuki's sharp eyes detected Kaijinbo's hand twitch.

"Miroku, look out!" Yuki shouted sharply as she ran forwards, and Miroku turned quickly to see Kaijinbo suddenly lurching to his feet.

The demon, his eyes glowing even brighter red as the sword controlled him, lunged at the monk, only for the blade to clash directly against Yuki's twin swords.

"Yuki!" Inuyasha shouted, while Kagome gasped: "Her hair!"

Miroku too was staring at Yuki's now white hair and her icy-blue eyes, while Sango noted: "That's a characteristic of the arctic fox demons. Their fur turns white when they use their powers of ice and snow."

"Amazing." Shippo gasped, when Yuki grit out between her teeth: "Yeah, but right now, Miroku, run!"

The monk quickly got out of the way as Tokijin pushed Yuki's swords away, before Kaijinbo lunged at her. She avoided it swiftly, jumping back with her blades raised though she didn't attack Tokijin again. She knew its power would easily overpower hers, and she couldn't afford to take it on directly unless she wanted her blades snapped like Inuyasha's Tetsusaiga had been broken.