Chapter 85: Unfinished business

Sesshomaru sped through the hole that was created as a result of the destruction his Bakusaiga continued to wreck inside Naraku's body and their group flew out at last into the central cavern where Naraku had been hiding the entire time.

Yuki just sensed Byakuya being sucked into Inuyasha's meido as they arrived and she was grimly satisfied to know the incarnation was finally gone although she regretted she hadn't been the one to kill him. But that feeling was greatly overshadowed by the grim relief she felt as she saw the group already gathered in the gigantic cavern-like space.

"Sesshomaru! Yuki!" Inuyasha shouted in relief when he saw their arrival from where he and Kagome were perched on Shippo.

Yuki couldn't say she was exactly surprised to see the fox-demon currently morphed into a large pink bubble; if Kohaku and Jaken had snuck their way in, she hadn't doubted Shippo would have as well. She then looked up sharply as Miroku opened his Wind Tunnel, sucking in the balls of miasma that Naraku had been attempting to use against Inuyasha and his friends.

"Miroku?!" Both she and Inuyasha cried in alarm, knowing his time was near.

But Miroku shouted back determinedly, "I'm fine! The curse is fading!"

Yuki looked up as the cavern began to tear apart on itself and Jaken said with immense satisfaction and glee, "The destruction caused by Bakusaiga is spreading! Lord Sesshomaru will be the one to defeat Naraku!"

Yuki sweatdropped a little; she had no doubt even Sesshomaru knew it would be Inuyasha and Kagome who would ultimately defeat Naraku. While Sesshomaru and Yuki were strong and Bakusaiga would likely easily defeat Naraku's physical body, it was only the combined power of the Meido Zangetsuha and Kagome's purification powers that could match the Shikon Jewel.

'I wonder if the Inu no Taisho ever thought this was how his sons would use what he taught them, what he intended for them.' Yuki thought grimly as she and Sesshomaru flew closer to Inuyasha's group. 'Saving the world alongside mortals... and another half-demon.'

Inuyasha glanced at her as the thought passed through her mind and he frowned.

"What-?" He began as he thought he smelt something different about her; something almost icy in her blood that had never been there before.

But he pushed it aside for now as Naraku - despite his body being severed into various pieces from Inuyasha's earlier attacks - scoffed.

"So you've assembled. Your worthless so-called friends."

Yuki scowled while Inuyasha sneered back at his old enemy, "Yeah. And we're not missing a single person! It's over, Naraku!"

Naraku scowled as Inuyasha's gold eyes flashed before he unleashed his ultimate attack.

"Meido Zangetsuha!"

Yuki was surprised to see that the meido took the shape of Tetsusaiga, whipping out in multiple curved blade shapes not unlike Yuki's own Winter Blaze attacks.

'His meido... he has transformed the Meido Zangetsuha into his own.' She realized even as she leapt off Sesshomaru and spun into the air to release her own attack at Naraku.

'The circle like a full moon was Sesshomaru's attack, borne as a result of being wielded by the Tenseiga - a sword that cannot cut or kill living things. But the Tetsusaiga Inuyasha wields... it is a sword meant to kill a hundred foes in one strike. Inuyasha...' Yuki closed her eyes briefly before snapping them open. 'Well done, my brother.'

"Winter Blaze!"

Yuki's blue streaks flew out, striking Naraku's flesh and causing even more of his body to collapse at the same time that Inuyasha's meido sliced right through the demon's gigantic, web-like body.