Chapter 41: Three Swords

When all the dust and rattling settled down at last, Yuki slowly lifted her head, letting go of Rin and Jaken so they could all peer over to see the utter destruction the Wind Scar had created around them.

"Amazing." Rin whispered, while Jaken murmured reverently: "You have to hand it to Lord Sesshomaru!"

But Yuki's eyes widened in horror as she saw not only Inuyasha lying, struck down and severely wounded, across the cliff, but also Sesshomaru dropping Tetsusaiga with his right hand held out painfully before him.

"Sesshomaru!" She cried as the dog demon dropped to his knees; he was so weakened from using the Tetsusaiga, his right hand scorched almost all the way through.

"Huh?" Rin gasped, also worried, while Yuki started forwards towards the two brothers... just as Inuyasha slowly started to stand up.

Yuki instantly halted, her ears flattening on her head and her teeth baring instinctively and defensively as she smelt the pure demonic aura coming off of her foster brother.

"Inuyasha?" Yuki called tentatively, but her eyes narrowed as she heard So'unga's voice demand: "Blood. I must have more blood! Give me a live sacrifice!"

"Jaken, Rin, RUN!" Yuki yelled as Inuyasha's blood red eyes turned away from Sesshomaru and towards them.

Her swords were drawn in an instant as she heard Jaken and Rin yelp, scrambling to run to safety while Inuyasha started leaping their way.

"Ah!" Rin cried while Jaken shrieked: "He's coming!"

"Winter Blaze!" Yuki attacked, thrusting her swords at Inuyasha as she stood her ground, but he was barely fazed as So'unga blocked the attacks while the half-demon came ever closer to her.

Sesshomaru also pushed himself to his feet quickly, dashing belatedly after his senseless brother as Yuki dodged a blow from So'unga before swinging her blades around once more.

"Ice Mage!"

But again, Inuyasha dodged it and Yuki grit her teeth as he came flying at her.

Their swords clashed, and Yuki's jaw muscle jumped she was clenching it so tightly as she struggled to keep Inuyasha from stabbing her, Inuyasha's demon strength slowly overcoming her.

"Yasha, it's me!" Yuki called desperately, but Inuyasha just snarled viciously, blinded and mindless in his demon state. "Urgh!"

"Yuki!" Rin cried, pausing to look back while Jaken yelped: "Oh, no!"

"Ugh!" Yuki grunted before she jumped back as her blades gave way, barely dodging as Inuyasha swung So'unga at her.

But he tilted the sword sharply as she did, and Yuki wasn't quite fast enough as Inuyasha hit her in the stomach with So'unga's hilt.

"Gah!" Yuki gasped, when – using the momentary opening she'd given him as she reeled from the impact to her gut – Inuyasha stabbed So'unga through her side.

"YUKI!" Rin screamed while Sesshomaru's eyes narrowed furiously, and he raised his claws to tear off his younger brother's head as Yuki gasped and fell to the ground, bleeding heavily.

But Sesshomaru was still too far, as Inuyasha leapt to land right above Yuki, his feet slamming down on her wrists and preventing her from either using her swords or getting back up.

"Yes!" So'unga crowed. "Kill her! Give me her blood!"

Inuyasha snarled mindlessly, unable to control himself in his demon form, as Yuki clenched her teeth, struggling uselessly.

"Inuyasha!" She yelled desperately, and Sesshomaru growled as he pushed himself desperately faster while lifting his poisonous claws.

He was almost there now, so close - when a voice cried sharply: "Sit boy!"