Chapter 59: New Future

Yuki looked up at the sky, eyes widening, while in the distance the War God laughed triumphantly.

"Ha ha ha!" All the faces on the War God laughed as all its eyes stared down at the downed Inuyasha and Kagome. "Pathetic half demon!"

Sesshomaru's jaw tightened as the War God turned to him and said: "Now, Sesshomaru... it's your turn!"

Sesshomaru scowled, when a voice called: "Oi, Ryura! Aren't you forgetting about little old me?"

The War God and Sesshomaru glanced down, and a smirk crossed Sesshomaru's face while the eyes on Ryura's face widened.

Yuki was standing tall on the ground, both her swords in each hand while her fluffy ears perked up through her hair as the long caramel locks blew in the wind.

"A... half-demon?" Ryura asked in confusion and surprise, while the other half-demon children also stared in shock, never having dreamt the young woman was in fact one of their own.

Yuki just gave a grim smile as she called: "You really should have killed me when you had the chance. Because now, it's my turn to teach you a lesson!"

"Hmph." The War God sneered. "You talk big, half-demon, but you're just like him."

He gestured at Inuyasha without looking, and Yuki agreed: "You're right; we are the same."

The War God frowned in confusion, while the air around Yuki swirled and her hair turned white as she snarled: "We both really, really hate people like you, who are bullying cowards! Winter Blaze!"

Yuki's eyes glowed icy blue as energy swirled all around her before flying out as she swept her swords across her front, the blue slices arcing out and piercing everything it came into contact with.

The War God snarled but easily blocked the attack with his swords, and he mocked: "Is that the best you can do, half-demon? That didn't even work up a sweat!"

Yuki just smiled, while Shion glanced over to Inuyasha and his eyes widened.

"Oh? Good – because it wasn't meant to." Yuki answered simply, making the War God frown, when Shion cried: "Look!"

He was pointing to Inuyasha, and the other children all looked over before they gasped. The half-demon was standing once more, Kagome at his side, and both were illuminated by the green glow of all the island's fireflies around them.

The fireflies disappeared, the souls of the island's inhabitants that lived inside them having given the last of their energy into rejuvenating Inuyasha and Kagome, and Inuyasha smirked.

"What?" The War God gasped, and Yuki snarled: "Where are you looking now?"

The War God barely even glanced back at her as Yuki leapt into the air, shouting while she curled Kiba around: "Adamant Strike!"

A string of adamant went flying out as a whip made of adamant pieces lashed out from her sword, just as she'd practiced while trying to perfect the new attack – an attack Sesshomaru had inspired with his own poison whips.

The War God dodged but wasn't fast enough, and the whip pierced the demon's armoured arm, latching on as pieces of adamant pierced the armour and tore at the skin beneath.

"Argh!" The War God cried, and Yuki tugged sharply, able to pull the demon off-balance now that she had her half-demon strength back.

"Wench!" The War God began, furious as he struggled to regain his footing, when another voice called: "Dragon Strike!"

The War God screamed as Sesshomaru's attack came rushing down on it, surrounding the demon in an electric blue blast of energy.

"Argh!" The War God shouted, struggling to shake off both attacks, and Shippo cried excitedly: "It's working!"