🌠 40 | Side story part 3

Y/n is walking on her way home when a yellow car approaching from the opposite direction almost hit her. She can see that the driver of the car is a woman wearing the same uniform as hers but she couldn't see her face clearly.

She just bowed at the girl and continue walking. Shes almost at her front gate when she noticed thaf it was open and there's a group of people looking at something few meters away.

As she take her steps, she can see blood all over the street. She tried to see what they're looking at and she saw her dog, lying on the ground covered in blood.

Her knees went numb as she kneel to touch her poor dog. Trying to ask for sign that it is still alive. But it is not moving, she tried to call his name while crying but it still no use. Someone called a vet and sent the poor dog to the clinic. But when they arrived there, the vet said that popcorn's heartbeat stopped no matter how many times they tried to revive him but its still no use. His injuries were serious and his brain is also damaged. The poor dog is announced as dead.

Y/n started to beg to the vet if there's anything she can do. But the vet shook her head while her tears were falling. She looks so sad to see Y/n beg but she couldn't do anything.

After that, Y/n stopped going to school for almost a week. So Yiren and her friends decided to pay her a visit.

"Are you sure this is the house?" Chaewon asked the group.

"Yes it is, can we just--" Minki reponds as himself off by ringing the doorbell of Y/n's house.

But no response.

"Uhh I think she's not here." Yiren said anxiously.

Minki impatiently ring the doorbell several times but still no response.

" I guess she's not here." Minki said as he step back.

" Uhh I thinkkk she's inside."  Jihoon said as he pushed the gate, it is open.

All of them looked at each other and started to get inside one by one.

Daniel and Seongwu approach the door first and knocked. They peek at the windows and see the mess all around her living room.

Seongwu peeks at the other side when he noticed Y/n standing in a chair trying to hang herself. He panicked and pushed the door very hard. Daniel understand the situation and helped Seongwu. Also the other boys helped too. They successfully destroyed her door.

Y/n noticed it and hurriedly put the rope on her neck and kicked the chair. But her friends were very fast and hugged her feet.

"Please, let me go. I don't want to live anymore." Y/n pleads as her tears were falling. Her hands has a lots of wounds and she lost weight.

All of them feel sorry for her. They let Y/n sit and gave her water. While the other girls went out to buy her food.

Minki wrap a blanket on Y/n's body and sit beside her.

"I know it's so depressing lossing the only one in your life. But suicide isn't the answer Y/n." He said.

"If you need someone to talk to we are here, we will help you." Chaeyeon said with a smile.

" I know we just act like we didn't see Hyeji bullying you. We we're cowards. But now, we will be here for you. We are sorry for not standing up for you. We didn't expect that things will get worse."
Jihoon said and everyone just nod thier heads.

"We're really sorry Y/n. Don't worry we will help you to find whoever killed popcorn " Daniel said.

After a few days, her friends always visiting her, checking if she's alright. Even she misses her bestfriend. But her friends and also the school nurse are giving her daily motivatinal advices , Y/n starts to get better and better.

One day, Daniel and the others went to Y/n's house to give her something,a flashdrive containing the clip where popcorn was killed, it was caught on cctv.

When they played the clip, they saw how the yellow car intentionally hit the poor dog and drove away.

"Hey, isn't that Hyeji's??" Hyewon said and all of them looked at her.

"Are you sure??" Y/n asked.

"Uhh I mean.. I think." She answered.

"It was hers, just look at those star prints." Sakura pointed the prints on the car in the laptop.

" I need to see her." Y/n said.