XXIV: STAY GOLD

A Wise Man once said: "When the sun rises, the devil becomes just a shadow that remains among humans in their life forever. Evil is only a form of misfortune that whispers in the ears of weak-minded humans who let themselves be given body and soul to the negative thinking of the darkness of their deepest desire "

The sun rose over the city of Switzerland, Jennie frowned as the sunlight hit her face.  She gripped the sheets of her bed tightly but got startled when she felt a presence near her, she turned and sighed when she saw Nayeon sound asleep next to her.

Jennie then remembered their project and their mission which was very tiring but it's not over yet, in fact it was just the beginning of everything. There were still 9 people to meet before making the connections and working out a solution.

She got up from the bed she shared with Nayeon then walked out of the bedroom with a heavy, tired step.  She rubbed her eyes, then stopped in the kitchen for a glass of water.

-"Hello!"  -Jennie turned around and smiled when she saw Aunty Jeanne all smiling and shining so early in the morning.  They exchanged a few warm, friendly words for a good minute before Irene came over to join in their discussion. For all of them, Aunt Jeanne looked more like one of their best friend more than an aunt and Jennie never felt more than comfortable with her but she still felt a little guilty for using their Aunt and taking advantage of her ignorance.

- "You make so much noise in the morning!"  -Lisa interrupted them as she stood in front of the entrance.  Jennie rolled her eyes as Auntie Jeanne approached Lisa to greet her and give her a cup of tea which Lisa took with pleasure.  Aunty Jeanne waved to them saying that she was going to take a bath first.

- "You shouldn't mind. You always get up very early in Malvania or you hardly ever sleep" -Jennie whispered behind her cup and Lisa huffed arrogantly.

- "It is not my fault that I have to make sure that no one tries to attack Gascar while I am sleeping!"  -Lisa raised an eyebrow and leaned on the edge of the counter.  Irene shook her head at that and patted Lisa slowly on the shoulder.

- "You should learn to relax sometimes. Being an Empress can be a big responsibility but the words vacation were not invented for nothing!"  -Irene said and Lisa took Irene's hands off her shoulder.

- "Thank you, but I don't need your advice" -Lisa refused and took a sip from her cup of tea, she made a noise of contentment when the scumble aroma of citronella touched her taste buds.  It was delicious, this white woman was good at making teas.

- "It's good eh?"  -Jennie smirked and Lisa raised an eyebrow at her.

- "It's okay. Our cookers at Malvania can do better!"

- "I doubt it! My aunt's teas and pastries are the best! She is a very good cook!"  -Irene dedicated Jeanne's talents.

- "Yeah. I wouldn't dare say the opposite so as not to lie but there is other better!"  -Lisa replied.

- "you are so difficult to please frankly!"  -Jennie shook her head looking at her and Lisa shrugged.

After that neither of them spoke, Irene started to make breakfast for everyone while Jennie helped her and Lisa waited in the living room like a diva.  Soon everyone woke up and joined them one by one still a little tired but very quickly the whole apartment was filled with their voices, especially those of Yeri, Sana, Jisoo, Nayeon, Jennie, Rosé and Lisa (who did nothing but to be bossy)

Time passed quickly and now it was time to start the research.

-"everyone's in the car?" -Jennie asked and they all nodded. -"great, we can go. It will take us around 3hours to go to stekborn from Genève so make sure to be comfortable or make sure to get your camera ready because we are going to visit the greatest landscape of switzerland!!!"