(second Part)Chapter XII: Joy's Past (2)

I woke up on a bed that was foreign to me.

-"Where am I?" -I asked the person closest to me. A man dressed in white. Oh my god... Am I dead???

-"You are in the knight's treatment room. You fainted following your fight against the other leaders"

-"Ah... So I'm not dead, I just lost the fight"

-"Who said that?" -The healer looked at me with a raised eyebrow. What? As far as I remember, I lost...

-"I lost, right?" -I asked confused.

-"But no, you came out victorious. Don't you remember??" -He asked surprised and I shook my head. -"You have extremely frightened the leaders thanks to your divine power. You are truly a very dear one chosen by heaven"

Odd. I have no memory of this...

I tried to get out of bed but a sharp pain in my head stopped me. My god... It felt like someone stabbed me in the head. I lay down for a moment thinking about what this person had just said. I should ask someone who saw the battle for more details...

Roger.

-"Do you know where Ser Roger is?"

...................

During this time

Willis in his apartments threw his weapons hard on the floor of his house startling the servants who were inside. He cried out loud and clear, full of rage and frustration.

-"What are you doing?" - The soft voice of a Lady made Willis stop. 

He looked at the large steps in front of him and saw a Lady there. She looked at him coldly and from her look Willis immediately understood that the news had already reached... His mother. -"Of course you lost against but the ground didn't do anything to you"

-"Mother, I can explain everything to you--"

-"STOP! I've already heard enough from you! You've already been putting our family to shame from the start! You weren't able to get past Roger and now you're being beaten by a newcomer??? You don't see the humiliation that weighs on our family??? On top of that, you had the help of two other commanders and you didn't know how to take advantage of it?? I don't even think you are worthy of carrying our family name!!"

-"But Mother, I was faced with the new recruit whose powers are--"

-"They are Grandiose yes, I have heard of it, Poseidon is said to have taken possession of her body..." -She looked at her son with contempt. -"But she remains an amateur compared to you who is still so impulsive and thoughtless! Use your head a little in combat!"

"What do you suggest then?" -He lowered his head in shame.

-"We must make her leave, at this pace she will quickly become close to his majesty, the weapon of the kingdom and the King will never let her fall! We must be patient and do things correctly, for now we must do nothing, just stay normal, I'll take care of the rest! But believe me, Roger and her will fall together" -She smiled mischievously then looked at the dark colored ceiling of their castle. -"After all, betrayal is the worst sin of the Kingdom"

................

-"SER ROGER!" -Joy ran to Roger, the Chief Captain of the first division.

He watched her arrive without saying anything as he prepared to leave, they were in the stable of the Royal Castle, located behind the training arena. And He was surprised by one thing...She was in great shape despite such a fight.

-"Glad to see you standing despite the fight"

-"Exactly, I wanted to ask you one thing about it..." -She said out of breath but before she could continue, he stopped her.