XXXIII: Dusk till dawn (2)

(A/N: OKAY! I seriously advise you to take your time and get comfortable because this is going to be long. Like 10000words maybe XD. I promised you this chapter will be about Mina's past AND Mina's past take a whole storyline soooo... here you go. Get ready to feel sad if you are a Mina stan)

You know this kind of situation where you are assigned to carry a tray with several glasses filled with water on it?  Any movement could cause the glasses to fall and shatter them into a thousand pieces, so the greatest care had to be taken so as not to cause a terrible accident.

Jennie felt like she was in that kind of situation right now.  One sudden movement and chaos would follow.  She hadn't calculated at all what had happened, Chaeyoung is sad and may be angry yes but the words she said put them in a situation with no way to go back and correct her mistake.  Jennie knows Lisa ... and Lisa will never agree to let go of whatever it was that happened a few minutes ago.  She is the Empress of a whole world and Mina is one who helped her achieve her desires for power, Lisa will NEVER let Chaeyoung get away with it this way, she may be cruel but she knows how to protect those to whom she is indebted.

With their look filled with hatred, their breath completely irregular and rapid.  Lisa, Sana, Yeri, Daniel and Jisoo stood before them like wild beasts, ready to rip their heads off at the slightest movement.

- "Lisa, we can discuss this ..." -Jennie said calmly, standing in front of Chaeyoung to hide her from the murderous shots Lisa was throwing at her.  -"please"

- "Why don't you get the fuck out the way instead? I'm going to teach her a lesson, she needs it" - Lisa growled in anger, finding no way to convince her, Jennie sighed then she turned to Mina who was looking at Chaeyoung with a neutral gaze.  Her whole expression had turned dark, icy and stoic again, she had already lost that little life that was in her eyes.

- "Please. Making a scene here isn't the best of choices. We can get into Rosé's vacation home and we'll discuss it as best we can. Chaeyoung made a big mistake by speaking of that way I admit it but beating ourselves up here won't solve anything "-Nayeon said,surprisingly appearing to be the most mature this time. She had a protective hand on Chaeyoung's shoulder as she looked Lisa in the eye.  - "please Lisa, we've come this far, you're not going to leave everything behind for something that we can clearly solve in a more civilized manner"

- "Do you hear yourself say?"  -Jisoo responded to her this time.  - "the word civilized is not a good term to use in this kind of moment when one of you has clearly insulted one of ours in the lowest and most vulgar way!"

The girls sighed then looked at Chaeyoung who was bleeding from the nose.  She still had rage in her eyes but also a hint of regret and sadness mixed together.  She was confused and that was normal considering that she had just lost something that she had cherished for years now.  Everything that was happening at the moment must have confused her whole mind.  Jennie knows that Chaeyoung loves Mina and it shows for miles around but Chaeyoung is also just a human.  The shock was great and she had to get the feeling out, somehow.  So Mina was an easy target since the latter had (with a few details) played with her feelings.  Mina knew Chaeyoung loved her but she didn't do much about it, until yesterday.

So Jennie turned to Mina.

- "Mina, please. I beg you, we can talk about it but not here. Let's go home, um?"  -Jennie asked, joining her hands, litteraly pleading.

All eyes then fell on Mina who did not change expression.  She was still staring at Chaeyoung in a cold and impassive manner.  And when Chaeyoung looked up at her, the two exchanged looks filled with saying and emotions.  If Chaeyoung looked afraid, anguished and also a little angry in hers, Mina had coldness, resentment and disappointment in hers.