XXXV: Dusk 'til dawn (4)

Chaeyoung sighed and collapsed on the bed.  She stared at the ceiling deeply before covering her face with both hands.

- "Fuck you Sky (her hawk)"

Lisa has been gone for a while now after giving a big insight about Mina's story and why she doesn't feel so emotional inside her anymore.

And like Lisa had said, Chaeyoung felt like crap now.  She blamed herself to death for just telling Mina that she was nothing but a slave.

Chaeyoung squirmed in the bed making muffled noises of screams of frustration as she slapped her face incessantly,  trying to punish herself for saying such a stupid thing to the girl she's supposed to love !!!!!!!

- "You are stupid Son Chaeyoung !!! Stupid! Stupid !!!! You are useless, you hurt the one you say you love, you are less than nothing Son Chaeyoung !!  ! Jennie was right !! I'm stupid !!! Even though Sky was a precious gift that represented pride to me as the heir to the Sons, that's no fucking excuse to hurt Mina !!!!  Son Chaeyoung !!! You can be so stupid sometimes !!! "  -Chaeyoung cried to herself.

Was she ashamed?  Of course she was ashamed.  And she blamed herself to death but she was also angry .... very angry.

Mina didn't deserve such a life.  Seeing her mother slaughtered in front of her eyes at such a young age, seeing her hometown go up in smoke, being kidnapped and sold to be a slave for half of her life ... Mina didn't deserve any of this.

Chaeyoung turned on her stomach and squeezed the sheet tightly while gritting her teeth hard.  She was mad with rage against her but also against the people who did that to Mina.

Now all that went through her head was nothing but doing everything to always make Mina happy, give her a better life, make her forget all those painful memories so that she can finally enjoy life,  so that she can smiles more often, so that she can opens her heart again to the world.

But first thing to do was for Chaeyoung to apologize.  She was even ready to kneel down in front of her, lick her feet, just ... Chaeyoung wanted to be forgiven and show Mina that she was very sorry.

But how to do it?  She's sure Mina hates her now.  Infinitely.

Chaeyoung sat on the now messy bed and let out a sharp whine while pulling her hair.  She lowered her arm then looked at her hand, she squeezed her wrists hard before punching herself.

She fell to the ground from the blow and hissed from the pain but she put up with it.  This one was for being stupid and if Mina wants to hit or kill her, it doesn't matter.  Chaeyoung was going to let her anyway because she deserves it.

Chaeyoung sighed again and stood up.  She left the room while rubbing her cheek and decided to go out into the yard to get some fresh air and clear her mind.  She had to find a way to apologize properly without offending Mina that she knew about her past.

During this time....

Mina was outside, sitting on one of the chairs on the way out to the garden.  The exterior lights were on which let her see around.  The yard was big but it was nothing compared to the castle's yard in Malvania but it was still great, and it was quiet, which gave her a little time to think.

'You are nothing but a slave'

Um, those words kept crossing her head as she gazed up at the starry sky.  It was weird, normally she wouldn't pay so much attention to it but it hurt her for some reason without knowing exactly why ... After all, It was only Son Chaeyoung who said it.

Son Chaeyoung ...

'I love you so much Mina!'

The Drunk image of Chaeyoung appeared in her thoughts.  It was during that day that Chaeyoung had confessed in front of everyone that she had feelings for Mina.  She was drunk after going out with Dahyun and unfortunately for her, those words came out of her mouth.  Mina will always remember the way Chaeyoung's cheek was so red from the alcohol but also from shyness.  It was .... cute.