CHAPTER 46

|Gotham City
|December 21 2013, 04:40

"If this is what we do when Batman leaves us alone he's not going to let you patrol with me again. You know that, right?" Catgirl took another drag of her cigarette before passing it back to Robin.

"I know that a small amount of nicotine won't raise any red flags; Batman should expect it when I'm with you." He took a longer drag, holding it in before exhaling and adding, "I've calculated the amount of nicotine I can have in my body at any given time, so long as Batman doesn't catch me in the act, I should be fine."

"He can listen into your mic at any time- and you have a camera on you." She poked the R on his chest, "But, you don't have a camera..."

"Nope." Robin chuckled, passing the cigarette back to her, "Took the camera out earlier. As for the mic, there's no reason for me to have that on me when I'm not allowed out his sight. He's not big on communicating anyway."

"Oh-hoho.." Catgirl finished off the cigarette. "You are in so much trouble when he finds out you fucked with that suit."

"What?" Robin was still smug, "He can't ground me if he doesn't know about it."

"He definitely knows about it." Catgirl snickered, "If he doesn't, you are one dead little shit when he finds out."

"Yeah.." Robin yawned, looking up at where the moon was hiding behind the thick pollution clouds, "You know the time?"

"Fuck, you are tired." Catgirl lit herself another cigarette, "You think I can tell the time? Well, in that case, I think it's bed time for you." she coughed a little from the smoke as she laughed at him.

"Tell the time from the moon, not my wrist- oh, right. Haha." Robin opened up his wrist computer, yawning again before telling her, "It's 5am...and you're probably right, I'm exhausted."

Catgirl giggled at him, "Told you to rest."

"Huh?" Robin stretched his arms above his head. "When? I swear all you and Dick have done is tell me to train, so I can become Robin."

"When you first signed the contract- on your first-first night on the job." She recalled, "I said you'd better enjoy sleeping on the job where you could-"

"And blah blah blah." Robin rolled his eyes, "Yeah. Ok. I guess I vaguely remember you saying that." He had a fed up tone, "I didn't listen to you. It was ages ago. Enjoy rubbing it in my face while you can."

"Actually, it wasn't that long ago.." Catgirl corrected, "Not even a month."

"Really?" Robin narrowed his eyes, "No, I don't believe you." He went onto his wrist computer to try and prove her wrong but instead ended up surprised. "Wow." He looked back over at her, "You were right. 24 days. I...I've only trained for 24 days. Shit..."

"Exactly." Catgirl gestured herself, "That's why I'm here, to make sure your early graduation doesn't result in an early grave."

"Don't." Robin shivered, "Don't even joke about that."

"Don't worry, kid, these next few years will be a breeze." She stopped walking when they reached the edge of building and announced, "We're here."

"Your apartment?" Robin looked at her confused, "Why are we here?"

"What?" She put a hand on her hip, "Been with Bruce a month and you're too good for The Narrows now?"

"No, not at all." Robin was already half way down the fire escape, "I will happily stop for a break- a short break though. You wake me up if I fall asleep."

"Mhm." Catgirl followed him down to the window she'd left open, seeing he'd already kicked off his boots and made himself comfortable on her bed.