CHAPTER 92

|Amusement Mile
|27 April 2014, 03:59

Joker manically laughed, dodging all of Catgirl's knife attacks with ease. "The rumours about you are true, aren't they?" He mocked, pushing her back with force, "You are weak!"

Catgirl fell back to the ground, her knife clattering out her hand beside her.

"I'm strong enough to kill you." She growled, reaching for her knife that had already been kicked away.

As she said that, she felt herself zone out again.

Not now.

She knew it was inevitable, but she couldn't let it happen now.

Jason depended on her.

Catgirl forced herself to stay in the now and looked back at where The Joker previously was.

She was confused to see he was no longer there.

"I expected to hear about Batman, but the kid cried for you in his sleep." Joker chuckled, now behind her, "Sometimes he'd tell you to leave. Through all the nonsense he'd rambled about you, I'm certain of one thing."

"What's that?" Catgirl moved out of the way just in time to avoid a hit with a crowbar.

Joker raised the crowbar again, towering over her with a grin, "I'll get to kill you twice before the bat shows."

Catgirl's eyes widened as he suddenly dropped the crowbar and turned around to face Robin.

"Leave...her..'lone.." Robin shakily sat himself up, his previously bound wrist and ankles now freed.

Joker had her knife sticking out his back.

He'd kicked it over in Robin's direction..

For once, luck seemed to be on Catgirl's side.

She didn't waste a second longer, reaching into her belt for her emergency beacon, alerting The Justice League of their location.

Joker snapped his head back in her direction, his cruel smile fading when he saw the pressed button in Catgirl's hand.

"In less than a minute...every Justice League member..on the planet...will be here for you.." Catgirl weakly smiled.

Checkmate, Joker.

She swayed a little where she was, her head getting light from pushing herself.

This was way beyond what she could handle, but it was something she decided to care about after she faced the consequences of it.

Right now all she cared about was Robin.

Joker narrowed his eyes at the communicator. "I suppose that is a problem.." he looked back at Robin, "I'm nowhere near done playing him with him. As for you.." He smiled down at Catgirl, "I can do whatever I want to you; if you die I get to start all over again."

Catgirl shuddered at the memory of it.

She wished, if anything, she could've forgot that with her memory loss.

What he did to her when she was only a child...

**********
|Amusement Mile
|November 23 2003

"N-No- NO-!" Katherine screamed as Joker shocked her again, the electrical current going straight into her skull, the chair strapping her down stopping her from being able to escape.

Fortunately he didn't leave it on for long.

That wasn't how he wanted to torture her.

It was how he was stopping her from escaping.

While Katherine was semi-conscious, too weak to run away, Joker unhooked her and took her out the chair, throwing her across the room and into a wall.

Katherine hit the ground hard but didn't completely lose consciousness.

She couldn't move, but she could see the Joker's shadowy figure approach her, dragging a crowbar at his side.

"I heard cats have 9 lives." He said, smacking the crowbar in his other hand, "I wanted to see if it was true."

Katherine wanted to run.

She'd never wanted to run away more in her entire life.

But she couldn't.

"A-ack!" Katherine choked as he picked her up by the collar, holding her to eye level.

"Ah, ah, ah.." Joker was unphased by her fingers, her claws having been pulled out earlier, yet to heal and grow back, "What do you say?"

"P-Please!" Katherine gasped for air, desperately kicking her legs to try and find solid ground to stand on, "Please!"

"That's a good girl." Joker dropped her, leaving her on the floor to catch her breath as he examined his crowbar.

Katherine tearfully looked up at him, her body having already collapsed at his feet from being unable to heal so many injuries at once.

"Please..."

She prayed he'd show mercy on her.

He didn't.

**********
|Amusement Mile
|Present Day

"Please!" Robin wailed, crying as he watched Joker mercilessly beat Catgirl with the crowbar, her golden blood sticking out amongst all the red he'd left behind.

Joker laughed back, "What's the harm, she's already dead!" Continuing to beat her more and more and more.

The sounds of her bones breaking seemed distant though.

He didn't stop until Robin screamed.

Joker snapped his head back around, surprised. "Wow." He dropped the crowbar by Catgirl, "That's the first time I think I've ever truly hurt you since you got here." He laughed, "If you'd only told me that was how to do it sooner!"

Robin ignored The Joker, using what little strength he did have to try and drag himself over to Catgirl.

Joker allowed it, stopping a few feet away as Robin made it to Catgirl's side.

He completely shut down seeing her.

That's what he did last time he lost his mom.

All he could do was stare.

Catgirl's body had been broken in a matter of seconds by The Joker.

He couldn't see her breathing.

Robin rest his head on her sunken chest, silently crying as The Joker walked over and stood behind him to get a better look.

"She'll be back." He said, completely unphased by what he'd done.

"You're a monster.." Robin kept his head down, gasping for air from his own broken lungs.

"I think you have a punctured lung." Joker stated the obvious, ignoring the insult completely.

That was probably for the best though.

Robin didn't want to die too.

If he died, he'd not come back.

"Oh well, funeral over." Joker yanked Robin back, dragging him back to where he previously was by his hair.

Robin was too in shock to react to the pain right now though.

He didn't even react when Catgirl grabbed the crowbar and jumped back up to her feet.

The Joker didn't even notice.

Word Count: 1043

Questions