CHAPTER 91

|Amusement Mile, Gotham City
|27 April 2014, 03:47

"Kid...kid, can you hear me?"

Robin kept his eyes closed.

This wasn't the first time one of them had 'saved him' since The Joker had captured him.

Bruce, her, Dick- even the team had 'rescued him'.

When he opened his eyes they faded away.

"I'm so sorry Jason." Catgirl's voice cracked, "I...I should've got you out..I..."

"Should've listen'd.." Robin gargled back, coughing up more blood from who knows what was internally bleeding.

"No, no, no. Don't say that." She hushed him, "Please don't say that. No, you're just a kid.."

Robin gasped a little as he managed a weak smile, his ribs stabbing his lungs after being broken so many times.

"Will you stay..?" He whispered.

"No, we're not staying."

Of course she wasn't.

They never stayed for long.

"Just until...I die." Robin grit his teeth, his body aching from his sniffling.

Catgirl started to cry too, putting her cold hand to his bruised and bloodied cheek, "You aren't going to die, kid. I promise."

"Well." Joker arrived, making her touch leave him, "I don't think you should make promises you can't keep, Katherine."

What?

No...

Robin weakly opened his eyes to look at the blurred figures of Catgirl through his spotting vision.

She didn't disappear.

Joker saw her too, meaning she was really here.

She'd really come to save him.

"You piece of shit I'll kill you!" Katherine yelled at him, reaching into her holster for a gun.

"Well that's embarrassing." Joker said after she revealed her empty hands.

Katherine pulled out a knife instead, charging without a second thought.

Robin couldn't keep his eyes open any longer, but he was certain she'd still be with him one way or another when he came to again.

If she wasn't already too late.

Word Count: 306

Questions