CHAPTER 84

|?
|April 15 2014, 03:20

Bright light woke Robin up.

His first thought was The Joker had finally killed him, but when he lifted his head the clown prince was still very much with him

"Hey, just in time for the show!" Joker stopped dragging one of the lights to the left of Robin.

Joker had stopped beating him to set up what looked like a movie set.

There was a camera pointed straight at Robin, but it was yet to start recording whatever Joker was going to do to him next.

Robin turned around as best as he could to look at the greenscreen Joker had set up behind him.

How long was he unconscious for this time?

How long had he even been here?

"I've had you to myself a little longer than originally planned. 5 days now, I think." Joker answered like he'd read his mind, "Anyway, I need to send proof you're still alive." He gestured the screen and lights around them, laughing, "Like I would kill you hahaha!"

Robin didn't let him get in his head.

5 days?

Batman would probably burst through the door before Joker could press record.

"And...action!" Joker giggled, skipping away from the camera to join Robin in its view.

Robin narrowed his eyes at the blinking red light on the camera, turning his head away from it.

He wasn't playing Joker's game.

Joker grabbed his face and made him look back at the camera, making Robin struggle against the rope that was tying him down to a new chair.

But just like how the chair was new, the rope was too.

This rope wasn't rope though, it was razor sharp barbed wire.

Joker manically laughed, "That's the spirit!" as Robin grit his teeth and groaned in pain, instinctively continuing to try and break free from his painful restraints.

"You want a show untie me!" Robin yelled.

"Ohoho!" Joker put his hands up, continuing to giggle as he skipped back to the camera and grabbed it, turning it to point at him as he moved and announced, "I'm going to kill Robin and the whole world is going to watch me!"

This made Robin freeze.

"Ooh." Joker turned the camera to face Robin again, "That got a reaction from you, didn't it?"

Robin looked straight at the camera.

He managed to blurt out, "We're at-!" before Joker kicked his chair over, the barbed wire tugging against Robin's now armourless body, ripping his shirt and cutting his skin.

"Don't spoil the show!" Joker growled, towering over Robin with the camera.

"Ngh!" Robin kept his teeth grit, turning his head again as the camera hovered above his pained expression.

Joker used his foot, lightly kicking Robin's temple to make him turn his head back.

Robin looked up at the camera, not wanting anything worse to happen to him while the world watched.

He'd been trained for this, but was yet to actually be put into a hostage situation.

That's what he was now;

Joker's hostage.

"That's better." Joker smiled, nodding behind the camera, "I'm glad you're showing more enthusiasm! Now give the camera a good scream-!" He shouted over Robin's scream as he pulled the chair back up, the barbed wire cutting further into Robin's torn skin.