CHAPTER 82

|The Batcave
|April 11 2014, 03:01

"Wake up."

Calico coughed, the cold water that'd just been splashed onto him doing just that.

He lifted his head in the chair he was strapped into to look up at Batman.

He'd been captured.

Nothing to worry about when it came to heroes though; everyone knew their morals would stop them before things got too dangerous.

"Morning." Calico sleepily grinned, "Or is it night?" He yawned, closing his eyes again, "I think that's the best sleep I've had in 4 years, can you hit me again?"

"Robin." Batman was taking this much more seriously, "Tell me where he is."

Calico opened his eyes again, continuing to muse, "Which one?"

"The one you kidnapped." Batman looked like he was on the verge of snapping. "I'm not playing your games."

"I've kidnapped them both." Calico played anyway.

"I don't have time for games, Calico!" Batman grabbed his face, "Tell me now or-"

"Wait!" Calico's eyes widened, "My face..."

Batman had unmasked him while he was unconscious.

This changed everything..

"Yes." Batman let him go, giving him some space.

Calico laughed, his voice no longer masked by the robotic filter in his cowl.

It was much more fun now Batman would be unable to find out Calico's identity and where Robin was being held.

He was looking right at him.

"Hahaha.." Calico looked straight at Batman, knowing that even when looking him in the face, he was still so oblivious to what was right infront of him. "For 'the world's greatest detective' you sure are slow, aren't you?"

"Tell me where Robin is." Batman ignored the attempt to get under his skin, focusing on the interrogation rather than how he felt about it.

"Now why would I do that?" Calico smiled up at him, "You don't have anything on me Batman, I have everything on-"

Batman grabbed Calico again, lifting both him and the chair he was strapped in.

Calico blankly stared at him, not the slightest bit intimidated by The Dark Knight.

Batman could see this in Calico's eyes.

He growled, throwing the chair back.

Calico groaned as the chair landed badly and tipped to the side. He smacked his head on the floor, his ears ringing. "Agh...can you even do that?!" he looked up as Batman grabbed the chair again and put it upright.

"Tell me where Robin is!" Batman roared.

Calico blinked his vision clear before he raised a brow, wondering, "Do people really break that easy?"

Surely he didn't actually expect him to say anything in an 'interrogation' like this.

"You know this is why you heroes never get anything done." Calico's eyes moved to the door as it unlocked. "Any real villain..."

"Batman." Nightwing froze after walking in and locking eyes with Calico, swallowing when he saw the leopard print suit wasn't accompanied by the infamous cowl.

Batman turned around to face his former sidekick, Calico's face still meaning absolutely nothing to him.

He was yet to notice the family resemblance.