CHAPTER 64

|The Narrows, Gotham City
|January 29 2014, 01:53

"You know this really isn't necessary..." Catgirl crossed her arms, impatiently waiting for Nightwing to step out the way of the door.

"Really?" He didn't budge, "Then how come you had no idea where we were until we got here, hm?"

"Uh, I forgot?" Catgirl tried to shoo him aside.

Nightwing rolled his eyes at her.

"It's a big city! Gotham, you know?" She defended herself, "Easy to forget where you are.."

"Not for you."

Catgirl turned around, forcing a nervous grin. "Leslie, hi! Hope we didn't wake you. We were just here for a few bandaids. Don't worry we'll be out your hair-"

"She's getting worse." Nightwing wrapped his arms around Catgirl to make sure she'd stay in place as he explained, "Since you last saw her things have got worse."

"Oh?" Leslie diverted her unamused gaze to Catgirl, "Is that why you didn't show for your last few appointments?"

"No..?" Catgirl looked back at Dick confused. "Jason didn't leave any notes on the...oh, right.." She sheepishly faced Leslie again. "Jason moved in with Bruce. I guess maybe my memory loss has got a little worse.."

Leslie let out a heavy sigh, gesturing for them to follow her to her office.

Catgirl had other ideas, but Nightwing assured she didn't run off and escape.

"Fine!" She hissed at him, sitting down on one of the chairs in the office, "Check up. Fine."

Leslie gave Nightwing a greatful nod before instructing Catgirl to, "Remove the cowl and stand up. I'm also going to need you to pull your suit down to your waist."

Catgirl narrowed her eyes at Nightwing after she took of her cowl and went to pull her suit down.

"Right." He awkwardly turned around, keeping his back to them both, "Not looking."

Catgirl muttered under her breath, pulling her catsuit down as instructed, revealing her heavily scarred body.

"Can you step on the scales for me?" Leslie asked.

"She's lost 3 pounds." Nightwing randomly said, keeping his back to them. He held up his wrist computer, open with the programme he made as Robin that monitored her health."

"I thought I told you to stop doing that." She glared at the screen, her attention going to Leslie as she went over to the screen to read it.

"Interesting." She commented, "Heart rate has slowed down."

"It has?" Catgirl hugged herself, "How much?"

"Not a lot." Leslie shook her head, "It's nothing to worry about, it just shows you're coming to the end of your life."

"Yeah, nothing to worry about at all." Catgirl attempted sarcasm, hoping that'd brighten the room a little.

"How close to the end?" Nightwing frowned, looking back at Catgirl.

She quickly zipped her suit back up and sat down again. "Not that close. I have a good few months left in me. I can feel it."

Nightwing looked to Leslie for confirmation.

Leslie shook her head.

She told Catgirl, "You should be living out the rest of this life in the comfort of your home- or a friends, until your next life when you can take care of yourself-"