CHAPTER 1

|Gotham City

|October 31 2013, 00:07

"No! Stop it, you're killing him!"

"Stop-!"

BANG!

Katherine blinked, trying to keep up with her television.

"Noooo!" The female lead screamed, presumably thinking that would change the fact the male side character just got his brains splattered on the wallpaper.

"Unrealistic." Katherine continued to blink, to try see as many of the frames as possible without having to make the small effort of getting up and putting on her cowl.

Due to her cat vision, her eyes only picked up some frames, and it was pretty much like watching a black and white movie- a black and white movie with most of the images missing.

Still, she promised the team she'd watch it for them.

If they were going to learn the movie hero's signature move she preferred they learn it from her, instead of whatever unrealistic Hollywood garbage they were watching in their free time.

"Ngh!" Katherine stretched over the side of her couch to grab her cowl she'd tossed on the way in.

You see approximately 9 minutes ago Katherine turned 20- and Katherine didn't usually celebrate holidays, but when they came with a day off from hero work she sure tried to.

She refused to waste a single second of the next 24 hours, as that would be the last time she got a night off until Christmas- if she managed to convince Batman she was actually celebrating it.

"There, maybe?" Katherine wondered, hanging herself over the side of the couch on her front to look under it.

She couldn't find her cowl by the couch but it might have slid under.

But no, apparently it had just disappeared.

"Whatever, I'll just guess." She mumbled to herself, sitting back up on the couch to continue watching the movie.

"Is this what you're after?"

"Fuck!" Katherine jumped off the couch, her cat instincts telling her it would be smart to hang from the ceiling light.

Robin chuckled, "That never gets old", watching as she landed back on her feet.

"Don't do that." She growled, snatching the cowl from him, "Don't sneak up on me." she shakily breathed, clutching her chest, "I'm getting too old for that shit now."

Robin grinned, not sorry in the slightest. "Okay." He was just happy to have successfully snuck up on her.

Katherine looked up at him, shaking her head but not scolding him further. She took a deep breath and said, "Just tell me what you want and get out. I'm busy."

Robin glanced behind her at the TV and nodded, trying to hide his smile. He clearly recognised the movie.

"It's for team training." Katherine paused it before she missed any more, "The kids want to learn the move the main character does, so I said i'd watch the movie and-"

"How about I save you the trouble and just teach you?" Robin offered, holding out his hand for her to take, "I'll show you on the way, if you want?"

"The way?" Katherine looked down at his hand, "What part of 'it's my birthday and I want to spend it alone, in peace, and quiet' do you not understand?"

"All of it." Robin grinned, taking her hand, "But it's fine, you'll forgive me when you see it."

Katherine slipped her hand out of his grip and sat back down on the couch. "Show me when it's not my day off." She said, unpausing the movie.