CHAPTER 9

|Gotham City
|November 10 2013, 06:05

Jason was still pretty cocky when it came to his sneaking out skills, and wasn't going to stop until he was caught.

Presuming Katherine did catch him.

Either way, as far as he was concerned, even if she did catch him, he'd not done anything too illegal and had been doing ok in school- showing up at least, so she couldn't scold him too much for sneaking out when he wasn't in class.

"Too easy." Jason whispered to himself once he'd pulled off sneaking out yet again.

Sneaking past Katherine really wasn't as hard as she'd convinced him it was.

If the Gotham Academy thing didn't work out he'd be just fine without it. He was a sneaking master at this point- so much so that he'd snuck past Catgirl not once but twice without getting caught.

It was too easy.

Knowing that Katherine almost always came back from work to make breakfast, Jason went from the living room to the kitchen to wait for her at the table.

This would really test to see just how oblivious she was- and if she did find out she'd never dare risk him missing out on precious school time. She'd not be able to interrupt his studying after school either, not with so much homework needing done.

Jason was confident he getting away with this either way, so he waited at the table for her to come join him.

A few minutes..

Half an hour..

Nearly an hour...

"The hell?" Jason glanced at the time on the microwave.

Maybe this was because he skipped breakfast here yesterday? This was her way of telling him she noticed, wasn't it?

Still, at this rate he was going to be late for school regardless if he was in trouble for sneaking out or not.

Refusing to face the embarrassment of his stomach growling in the middle of class, Jason got up from the table and braved going to Katherine's room.

He expected to have to knock on the door, but it was just as he'd left it, wide open.

Infact she was just as he'd left her too.

Katherine hadn't moved at all...

"Shit." Jason's eyes widened, suddenly realising why he'd managed to sneak past her- if you could even count it at all.

Katherine wasn't asleep, she was comatose.

After running to her bedside and checking her pulse, Jason concluded what he'd feared, stating, "You're in energy saving mode."

Jason didn't know much about what Katherine called her 'energy saving mode', but what little she did tell him about it was that if she ever went into it she needed help immediately.

From the looks of it, Jason was almost three days late.

"Shit shit shit." Jason tried not to panic, hovering over her, unsure what to do.

He knew he needed to call someone but he had no idea who.

He knew she'd kill him if he got Leslie involved- and he knew that Dick wouldn't be much help with it, so who could he call?

"Katherine, I don't know what to do..." Jason shook her, hoping she'd at least moan at him to go away and leave her be, but she didn't respond in the slightest.

She didn't tell him what to do.

"Katherine, please!" Jason started to get scared, "Wake up!"

The last time he saw her like this was the day he met her, and he almost lost her several times through it.