CHAPTER 81

|Gotham City
|April 10 2014, 17:59

"One minute then we go in." Commissioner Gordon spoke through the linked comms.

"Copy." Batman said from his spot inside the Batmobile, around a minute out.

"Ready when you are." Nightwing said from the rooftop north of Calico's building where The Joker was.

"Waiting for the signal." Batgirl said from a rooftop south.

There was a pause before Robin realised everyone was waiting for him.

"Yeah, me too." Robin sped up his motorcycle, the patrol cars on his tail matching his speed with ease.

After they all went in Robin was ditching the cops the first chance he got; he'd not get what he wanted from Calico with an audience.

"I'm a block away. Travelling on foot." Batman updated them.

"I'm here." Robin jumped off his bike, pressing a button on his wrist computer to stop it before it crashed. "Gordon." He nodded to the commissioner.

Batman arrived a moment later. "His men would've made him aware." He stated, looking at all of Calico's mercenaries waiting behind the doors.

"I have eyes on 24." Nightwing said from his spot up on the roof somewhere behind everyone.

"25." Batgirl corrected.

"25 then." Nightwing wondered, "What's the odds everyone who goes in comes out?"

There was another pause over the comms before the commissioner grabbed his radio and gave the order to enter.

Batman charged in first, dropping a smoke bomb seconds before the bullets started flying.

Robin blindly dived in after him, focusing less on fighting the mercenaries and more on getting past them.

He chose to use his small size to his advantage and slip into one of the vents, dropping his belt and earpiece on the ground before Batman could use them to find him.

This may be his last chance to find out the truth about Calico before Katherine died.

He wasn't letting her waste another life in debt.

If he had to he'd make his own deal with Calico.

Take the debt from her.

Robin put the thought aside for now, not letting it distract him from getting away.

He'd escaped the mercenaries at the door but knew that staying away from Batman, Nightwing, Batgirl, and everyone in The GCPD who was abled enough to come here was not going to be as easy as he'd like it to be.

Odds were they'd already noticed his absence.

**********

"Nightwing. Batgirl."

"What's wrong?" Nightwing had been with Batman long enough to know that wasn't a good tone.

Something was wrong with Robin.

"Do either of you have eyes on Robin?" Batman confirmed Nightwing's fear, "He's left his earpiece by the entry point."

"He ran off?" Batgirl managed to say something through her own anxiety.

Of course he did.

Jason had been after Calico for months.

They knew that.

"I'll track him with the GPS built into his belt." Nightwing opened up his wrist computer to pinpoint Robin's location.

"He left his belt by the door too."