CHAPTER 54

|Gotham City
|December 28 2013, 03:01

Katherine hummed to herself, stroking the head of black hair on her lap. She couldn't stand him most the time, but it was nice when he rarely shut up and stayed still.

"Breaking news!" Cat Grant popped up on the news screen, which never meant anything good, "The new LexCorp factory located in Gotham City has just been searched by The GCPD following a fight that took place earlier between known Gotham Crime Boss, Calico, and The Dynamic Duo- yes, you heard me, Batman AND Robin. Calico got away, but with the help of Batman, The GCPD have found evidence of Catnip being manufactured inside of the factory. In retaliation, Calico has put a bounty on the new Boy Wonder's head. We expect a statement from Lex Luthor-"

"Fuck!" Katherine screamed, throwing the remote at the TV.

"What?!" Dick jolted awake, "What- What's wrong?!" He grabbed her so she'd look at him, "Katherine? Katherine, what's...oh?"

He'd woke up enough to tune into the TV.

Katherine slammed herself into him, closing her eyes tightly.

"A million USD..." Dick cautiously started to put his arms around her.

"I need to talk to him." Katherine pushed away from him, "I need to go to talk to him. Now."

"Who, Bruce?" Dick nodded, "Yeah, of course. I'm more than happy to come along and-"

"No." Katherine got up from where she was on the couch, "I'm going to talk to Felix."

"Whoa!" Dick grabbed her wrist before she could walk away and pulled her back down onto the couch, "No way! No! Not in a million years! You absolutely are not going anywhere near him. Not again. Not alone-"

"He's my brother!" Katherine yanked her wrist free. "If...if I just talk to him- if I talk to him, I might be able to make a deal with him."

Dick furrowed his brows, "You're deep enough as it is, Katherine. Batman is closing in on you. You make another deal with Calico- about Robin none the less, he'll know for sure."

"So what, I just let him send every hitman in the country after Jason?! He'll be dead by New Years!" Katherine breathed a little heavier, starting to panic at the mere thought of Jason trying to fight off people even she'd struggle to stay alive with.

He could barley handle a rookie Shadow the last time she saw him fight...

"No...no, not at all." Dick took her shaky hands,  "Nobody's going to hurt Jason; not on our watch. You go to Calico, but I'm coming with you as backup. If there is any of Felix left in there, he'll listen and drop the bounty."

Katherine shook her head, "No." she weakly laughed, "He's not like that anymore."

"So what, you make another deal?" He shook his head, "I can't let you do that. It's too risky."

"Well it's a risk I'm going to take." Katherine decided, using her speed to get away from him to the window, "Sorry, Birdy."

"Katherine, please think-"

**********

"So you ditched him in your apartment." Calico kept his back to her, "And you're sure he didn't follow?"

"He's not the Robin I'm concerned about right now." Catgirl crossed her arms, "And I'm not here to talk about him; I'm here to talk about the new Robin."

"What about him?"

'What about him?'

Seriously?