CHAPTER 1

Y/n's POV

Oh no ! I am late ! I woke up with a haste and ran to the bathroom to get ready. I have to make breakfast for my mom and then go for an interview. I hope I get this job this time ! This is once in a lifetime opportunity for me !

Y/n's mom : Y/n did you get up ? You are late dear ! Didn't you say you had an interview today ?

Oh no ! My mom started calling me ! Now that means I am very late ! She only wakes me up in the morning when I am very very late ! Shit !

Y/n : Yes mom , I am getting ready. Will be out in 5 minutes.

Y/n's mom : Okay dear. I made breakfast. Eat before you leave. I am going for my morning walk with your aunt.

Y/n : Thankyou mom! You saved me ! You saved my time and my life ! Thankyou ! Bye ! Take care ! And don't forget to take your medicines ! *Yelling excitedly from inside the bathroom*

I dressed myself in some formal clothes, wore some light and natural makeup. Did my hair in a ponytail and got out of the room putting my shoes with one hand and eating the bread omelette with other.
Soon I got out and ran to the bus stop. Thankfully I reached on time. As I sit in the bus and close my eyes to relax a bit,
a few minutes later , someone put a hand on my shoulder. I open my eyes to find a little kid tapping on my shoulder. My eyes widened with surprise.

Y/n : Hi ! *Waves hand* * Smiling* Umm... What's your name ? Are you alone ? Where is your mom ?

I try to look around in the bus turning my head from left to right trying to find if someone could be his mom or dad.
But no one seemed to be bothered about the kid. Is he alone ? He looks very young. How can he be alone riding a bus ?

He kept staring into my eyes as if trying to speak to me. But as soon as I end my sentence , he lowered his eyes with a hint of sadness in them. Making me confused and worried at the same time.

Y/n : Baby ! Are you okay ? What's your name ? *Checking him from head to toe to see if he's hurt somewhere*

He raises his head to look at me again and then moved his gaze to the window, raising his little hand , pointing at something. When I follow his hand's direction, I see him pointing at a building and it is none other than The Kim corporation's head office of Seoul branch ! My today's destination ! The place where I am going for my interview ! My last hope !
I looked back at him and pat his head to comfort him.

Y/n : Is you mom in that building ? Does she work there ? Do you want me to take you there ?
I waited patiently for his answer. A few moments later...

??? : Yes.

He finally answered in his cute little squeaky voice ! And shook his head in a yes.
I tilted my head as warmth filled my heart , my gaze softened unconsciously and a smile formed on my lips looking at this little lamb. I want to squish his cheeks so badly.

Finally I feel relieved that atleast he is talking or else I would have to leave my interview to bring him to the police station. How can some parents be so irresponsible to leave their kids like this ? Thankfully, I am not a murderer or kidnapper or human trafficker , what if something bad happens while the child is roaming alone without supervision ?
I sighed in relief and smiled at him . I lifted him and put him on my lap. He hesitated for a second but later he just let me be. He is so naive , so innocent , this little baby trusts people so easily. I feel so bad for him and his parents, maybe they are worried about him or trying to find him. As I put him in my lap , I tried to strike a conversation with him to make him comfortable.