CHAPTER 49

Y/n's POV

I have been shopping with Dohyun for a few hours now. It's exhausting but thanks to Dohyun, I had so much fun today. I never thought having a kid could be so much fun. Dohyun never leaves a chance to amaze me with his intelligence and smartness.

As we sit by the open food court, I could sense someone's stares on me. Feeling weird, I turn around, gazing all over the area to find the source of this weird feeling.

But I can't find anyone. So I ignore this feeling of uneasiness...

Dohyun went to order food at the counter... he wants to act like a big baby. He wants to take care of his mommy. *Smiles*

How will I be able to leave my son once he finds out that I am not his actual mother? *Sighs* I have grown so much fond of him. I am afraid I won't be able to get married and start anew in the future because I would only want a child like Dohyun. I don't think I would be able to settle for less.

After a few more minutes... while zoning out, I see Dohyun coming back with a bag full of fries and a big tray holding too much food too difficult for his chubby little hands to carry all alone.

I immediately get up and sprint towards him, scared of the food spilling all over my tiny little lamb.

But before I could reach there, I see a man walk over up to him and helping him hold it...

My gaze moves to his face and I am stilled. I feel stuck on the floor...

Appa...

My father...

He is here... I wasn't dreaming that day....

I am too shocked to even think straight. Last time I thought maybe I was not in my right mind. I thought maybe I mistook someone else as my father.

But this time... I don't think it's a mistake.

But he is here after so many years....

I still remember his sharp yet deep eyes and bright smile. Though he now looks much wrinkly and thin than my memories of 10 years ago... but I am sure it's him... I can recognize my father even if he got a plastic surgery...

My heart is racing and I feel it thumping so loudly that it might even be audible to the people around me. I want to cry out loud but Dohyun would be worried. I want to run to my father and hug him but for some reason, I am scared he would disappear if I approach him. I am afraid it would be too awkward after so many years.

What if he changed? What if he isn't what he used to be 10 years ago??

I had so many questions in my mind but answers to none. I can ask him everything later but for now, I only wish to become that little Y/n once again... holding my father's firm hand and walking in the streets. I want to eat good food with him. I want to show him how much I have grown. I want to take pictures with him. I want to make up for the time we've lost living seperated. My mother would be so happy... she never said that openly but in her heart, she was always confident that some day we would be able to meet father again. Some day, he would be back with us. *Teary eyes*

I can barely hold my excitement and my tears. I want to re-capture his face in my mind and galvanise all those old, rusted memories of him.

I keep standing, staring at him and Dohyun while my mind seems to be messy and foggy... I am not sure if it's a dream or reality but I want to believe that it's all real... that he is here with my son...

He takes the tray from Dohyun and with a friendly smile he asks for his permission to hold his hand.

For the first time in my life, I see Dohyun being so friendly with a stranger. He is usually very shy and reserved but today I saw a completely different side of my son.