CHAPTER 61

Shocked, Y/n starts screaming, calling her mother, trying to wake her up but it was too late.

She calls the doctor and they give her a CPR.

Her mother was the biggest support in her life. The one around whom her hope and dreams revolved.

But... In the end... all efforts of the doctors went in vain.

She lost her mother... She passed away due to post surgical complications.

10 minutes later, Taehyung gets the news of Y/n's mom's death, he rushes back to the hospital with Dohyun.

The moment they enter the hospital room, they find a sobbing Y/n... holding her dead mother's hand.

As Dohyun sees this sight of his mommy, he runs towards her and immediately wraps his tiny little arms around her legs. His eyes started tearing up and he sniffles.

Taehyung too runs towards her, hugging her from the other side.

The moment Y/n feels the warmth of Taehyung and Dohyun, she bursts out in tears. Her sobs turn into loud cries, bringing tears to both Taehyung and Dohyun's eyes.

A few hours later, her mother's body is prepared for funeral rites.

Y/n was still not in a mentally stable condition. Her eyes were dull and lifeless since the moment her mother left her side forever.

Dohyun kept her company the whole time, taking care of her more than a real son could ever do.

This child was gifted, he was a genius with a high emotional quotient and was even more mature than teenagers and youngsters at such a young age.

As everyone including Taehyung was preparing for funeral rites, Dohyun took the responsibility of taking care of his mommy.

Y/n was expressionlessly sitting on the bed, zoning out in her room with Dohyun in her lap.

To comfort her, Dohyun turns around and hugs her. Y/n's grasp around Dohyun tightens, her eyes once again teary and sad.

Internally she was blaming herself for leaving those pictures of her father in that secret pocket of her purse. If only she had been more careful, her mother would be still here.

She couldn't even apologize to her mother for her unhealthy state.

Y/n: Dohyun-ah...

Dohyun: Yes Mommy?

Y/n: I think, I am a really bad person. *Tears trickle down her eyes*

Dohyun: No Mommy, Grandma once told me, she was most thankful to God in this life because he gave such a responsible, mature and kind-hearted daughter to her... she said all she wished for was your happiness in this life time. But, if you say like this, Grandma will find it hard to move on from this life.

Listening to his words, Y/n once again bursts into tears, she tightly hugs Dohyun, letting all her pain wash away in his warmth and her cries.

Dohyun: *Slowly pats her back with his tiny little palm trying to comfort her* Grandma is proud of you mommy. She is proud of her daughter. She loved you, Grandpa loved you, Me and Daddy love you as well. *Smiles*

Y/n: *Sobbing* I love you baby.

Y/n keeps on hugging Dohyun for the next few minutes until her sobs slowly subside.

Dohyun jumps off her lap and brings a box of tissue paper for his mommy.

He jumps up on the bed again and takes out a few tissues. While sitting beside Y/n, he starts wiping her tears off of her face.