Chapter 5: Why Couldn't It Be Butterflies?

"I swear I don't have anything worth stealing from me" you said urgently as you realized a stranger's figure approached you from the corner of your eye. It was then that you heard his voice and your eyes widened in shock as you made eye contact.

"Don't just approach people like that, make some noise or say something so I know it's you!" you scolded him feeling incredibly flustered and utterly dumbfounded.

When he giggled and brought his hand to his mouth, you realized what had come out of yours. You kept blurting out the most ridiculous things and making yourself appear as the biggest pabo* in front of Jimin. You mentally beat yourself up about it every single time and never learned.

"I'm sorry, noona. I will say something next time" he managed to say when he could stop his fit. Jimin had really wanted to see your reaction to his little plan. He didn't mean to scare you and make you think you were being mugged though, so he genuinely felt bad.

"What are you doing here, Jimin-ssi?" you asked not being able to recover from his unexpected appearance still. You placed your hand over your chest, your heart still racing from the scare.

"It's a full moon today" Jimin hinted with a beautiful grin that almost blinded you. He actually took that seriously? Of course he totally would if he wanted to, it's him! Your heart kept beating fast from how nervous you started to feel.

"I have plans, you can't just show up like this and expect me to go out with you" you made up an excuse. He caught you completely off guard, you most likely looked terrible from being at work all day. You could definitely use a shower and a proper outfit as well.

You were most certainly unprepared to hang out with this man who would make you look ugly next to him even if you looked your absolute best. Not that you ever looked remotely good, but next to Jimin? You certainly couldn't be as beautiful, but you could try to look decent at least.

"Yes, you made plans with me" he teased you with that playful smile plastered to his face as he leaned closer to you with a defiant eyebrow lifted. You looked at him stunned into silence. "You asked me out after all, noona. What is it that you said?" he continued narrowing his eyes above the sunglasses and pretending to think.

"I-I would...I never..." you stuttered not knowing how to answer to any of it. He's talking about going on a date with you? No way you are.

"I get out at 5, you can pick me up on the next full moon, if I remember correctly" Jimin proudly repeated your words and you cursed at yourself.

You need to learn once and for all how to think before saying the first thing that crosses your mind. Not to mention you pick the most awkward phrases too, ugh, you told yourself off.

You turned on your heels and started walking away once more. He ran after you alarmed as you speed-walked.

"Are you really standing me up, noona?" Jimin questioned you with the most endearing expression he could pull off. He would be effortlessly cute, you thought feeling flustered once more as you side-glanced at him briefly.

No words came out of your mouth and you froze when you felt him wrap his hand around yours. Your jaw dropped and you turned to look at him feeling agitated.

"I'm serious, let me take you out, it'll be fun" he insisted and you couldn't do anything but breath out his name disconcerted.

Jimin walked hurriedly, pushing his glasses back up his nose and fixing his cap as he pulled you behind him to go to his car. It felt like you were floating behind him as he lead you. All you could think of was your hand being firmly held by his, so soft and warm.