Chapter 9: Making New Friends

"Thank you for coming with me, guys. You didn't have to" you said politely as you were in a car with Hobi and Jimin on your way to the restaurant. They somehow wouldn't let you go on your own, even though there was space in the van for them. There really was no way out.

"That's fine, it's no problem" Jimin answered and they both smiled brightly at you. You swallowed nervously, you could already feel the knot in your stomach from how stressed you were.

Once more the youngest put his hand lightly on your back to guide you inside and your heart started racing at his touch. His fingers brushed you ever so slightly as he didn't want to push you, but that was enough to give you a reason to feel flustered.

He pulled back a chair for you and you nodded gratefully as you sat at a long table they had prepared in advance for all the people that were coming together with the guys.

He sat on your left and Hobi decided to sit on your right so you'd have two familiar faces. You did look uncomfortable and he figured it would help.

"Here" Hoseok said as he handed you a menu and you waved your hand.

"I'm not having anything to eat, I have my food right here" you said, patting your purse and he nodded.

"What did you make, noona?" Jimin asked curious about your prepped meals. You bit your lower lip and took out your apple, holding it up for him to see.

"I'm sure we can find something a little more nutritious that goes with your diet" Jimin said looking at you with a concerned look and going through the menu himself. Whatever guidelines you were following, they seemed to be way too strict.

"Um, it's okay, I had a bigger lunch" you excused yourself and he raised an eyebrow without taking his eyes off the options.

"But only an apple doesn't seem like enough, look there's..." he began and you cut him off, starting to feel irritated that he wasn't giving you a choice.

"How about you worry about your own food? I've made it this far without your survival tips" you said trying to joke with him, but your mild annoyance was clear in your tone still. Jimin backed off reluctantly and hoped you were not starving yourself to shed off the kilos.

They brought a cup of coffee for you and everyone's food shortly after while you made small talk with both men at your sides. You couldn't wait to eat your apple, with all the dishes around you, you were made aware of how hungry you were.

You quietly munched on your apple as everyone dug in, biting off small pieces to enjoy your daily piece of fruit. Jimin side-glanced at you and for a moment wondered if anything was up with the food.

He remembered how you had acted when he took you out to dinner and you were choosing something to eat. That can't be it, he shook his head dismissing the thought.

"We should hang out some time, the three of us" Hobi suggested in between bites and winked at Jimin when you weren't looking. Jimin smiled to himself amused, was he trying to help him out here?

"We can go to Lotte" his dongsaeng suggested with a little laugh. "I heard that's what's up these days" he joked looking serious, but nudged you as he looked over at Hoseok's confused face.

"The mall?" he assumed and shook his head, "I don't know about that, there's going to be a lot of people and it'll be hard not to be spotted." You both just giggled knowingly and Hobi looked even more lost.

"How about Nami Island? That could be fun. Have you ever been there, noona?" he thought out loud knowing Seoul was new to you and maybe some tourism was in order.

"Oh, Hyowon samchon has told me about it, it sounds lovely" you commented sounding genuinely interested. Finally something that didn't revolve around food.

"He could join us too if you were planning to go together" Jimin quickly offered hoping this wouldn't keep you from going out with them.

"Nah, I'm sure it'll be fine. He wants me to make friends" you said with a little chuckle as you rolled your eyes.

"Perfect, let me give you my number" the youngest quickly offered and took his phone out. After all three of you had exchanged numbers, you agreed on a day two weeks from now when you'd be done with the collaboration and had some free time to take a day off.

Thankfully, once you got through the awkward beginning of the night with the dinner choice, everything went smoothly and you were happy. It was much easier to be friends with Jimin and Hobi was so nice to be around.  The latter decided to go in the van this time, but the former said he'd take you home and didn't take no for an answer.

"This is completely unnecessary, Jimin-ah" you complained as he stopped a taxi and opened the door for you. "Just let me go, seriously, they'll drop me off right outside my apartment!" he just laughed softly and urged you to scoot over so he could get on.

When he closed the door, he cheekily answered "you owe me a tour of your new place, remember?" you choked on air at his words.

"Most certainly not, you can't just invite yourself over, Mr. Park. That's not how it works" you quickly answered when you stopped coughing and reminded yourself he was just being his playful self.

"I'm looking forward to receiving your invitation then" Jimin replied with a little smirk as he looked back at you with a seductive gaze.

You quickly looked out the window and pretended not to care as you played with your hair, but he had learned you did that when you got nervous just from seeing you do it a couple times at the right moment.

The car finally made it to your place and Jimin walked you to the door just to have an excuse to spend some more time with you.

"Jimin-ah" you sighed audibly as he got out of the car when you did. No matter how many times you told him he didn't need to do such things for you, he didn't listen. He did what he wanted, what a brat, a sweet one at that, goddamnit.

"Good night, noona. It was good to see you" Jimin smiled an adorable eye smile. It was true that you hadn't really spent this much time together since he took you out. You still felt bad about that, but there were many things you regretted in your life and all you could do was just live with them.

"Have a good night, Jimin-ah" you said softly and gasped when he inadvertently hugged you. It was a quick, bashful hug and when he pulled back his cheeks were tinted pink.

"See you next week for the photoshoot then" he blurted out awkwardly and turned around to get back in the car hurriedly.

It took you a minute to breathe again and come back to reality. Why was he so endearing and cute? And confusing at the same time, with his random bold words that took you off-guard every single time.

 Why was he so endearing and cute? And confusing at the same time, with his random bold words that took you off-guard every single time

-