Epilogue: Take the World by Storm

Becoming pregnant became an unwelcome invitation for family and strangers to talk about your looks and their comments on your appearance were far from helpful as you tried not to focus on the outer consequences and look at the deeper meaning of it all instead.

It all started in the early months when people were just finding out and said it didn't look like you were pregnant, you looked exactly the same. You couldn't tell whether that was supposed to be a compliment or just a reminder that you were overweight.

It didn't really matter though because it made you feel awful about yourself either way. You felt guilty because you were unhappy when people congratulated you and said something that you found hurtful. Jimin tried to comfort you and encourage you to take it just as any other comment, it didn't have to matter even if it was well-intentioned.

"I dreamed about a bird and a flower*, Jimin-ah!" you cried distraught. Your fiance had never seen you burst into tears as much as he had these last few weeks and he was lost as to what to do.

"What's the matter? Eomma says that means we might have a baby girl" Jimin smiled warmly at the thought. But that only made you sob pitifully. "You don't want a girl?" he asked puzzled by your reaction.

"I promise I'm not crazy, but there can only be one girl in your life!"

"Aegi, would you seriously be jealous of our own daughter?" Jimin was trying hard not to laugh, but this was shocking to say the least.

"Don't get me wrong, I would love her all the same, but-" you couldn't even finish the sentence and Jimin stood there willing his twitching lips to not let him utter a sound. You were completely serious.

"You'll always be my baby, aegi. Nothing would change" he tried to reassure you.

"What if she's a daddy's girl, uh? That's not nothing!" you spat out annoyed because he knew well that was a lie, or so you thought.

"Oh, I see" Jimin teased you smirking amused with a little chuckle, "did you want to be daddy's*¹ girl? I can do both, baby. I will still be yours and then our little girl's who made me one to begin with."

Your cheeks blushed bright red and you were so flustered you pushed him back. He just laughed at how affected you were, it was difficult to understand what it was exactly that you wanted.

"You don't need a mini me, you already have me! I can't compete with a child"

"How is that fair? And if it's a mama's boy then what about me?" he raised a fair point.

"Then I have you and a little manggaetteok*² to coddle all day every day! We can play video games and talk dinosaurs, it's perfect!" your eyes lit up as you talked about it, the nickname you picked was amusing.

"I thought taemyeong*³ were supposed to be actual names, but sure why not? Anyway, you can do all that with a little girl"

"Girls are terrible and difficult, I can hardly deal with myself, Jimin-ah! Do you not want a boy?" you asked with big eyes and a pout and he pressed his lips together.

"I do, aegi. But I wouldn't oppose to a girl, I'll love our baby no matter what" he leaned closer to you and pecked you trying to wipe that frown off your face.

"Well, sucks to suck, it has to be a boy so you are going to have to deal with it" you said firmly and he licked his lips amused and bit on them trying not to laugh. "If you give me a girl, I'm going dark*⁴" you threatened him and with that he couldn't hold back any longer.