Chapter 68: Welcome With Style

Around mid-September you were finally told the headquarters in Seoul had requested you come back. You called your boyfriend right away to tell him the news and you were pretty sure everyone heard you two screaming on either side of the call.

Jimin eagerly awaited your return, counting down the days until you'd finally be back from Tokyo for good. Taehyung and Jungkook were so ready to have you back too, their bandmate had become so intense. They wanted him to be happy, but they also wanted him to shut up.

Today was the day at last, he couldn't contain his excitement as he stared at his marked calendar. Wednesday, October 30th, 2024. Just in time for your favorite holiday the next day, it was 'spooky season' as you liked to call it and he had planned to take you on the best date you'd ever had.

Other girls would have liked a nice romantic dinner out, aboard a private yacht sailing down the Han river. That's lame. Not his quirky girlfriend though, he knew just where to take you for the bloodiest, goriest and most gruesome experience: Horror Halloween at Lotte World.

It was your favorite season and your favorite place combined in one. He'd never understand why you loved Lotte Mart so much, it's like it was the answer to everything for you. There was no way he could go wrong with this.

Everything was planned, he had had enough time to contact the theme park, book the visit, get the costumes, the make-up, find the right movie to watch with you tonight, he'd carefully planned everything like a real performance. Hopefully you wouldn't be too tired for an evening out.

"Just go" Jungkook uttered bringing him back to reality in the practice room. He raised his eyes to see the maknae with arms crossed looking unamused. Taehyung next to him simply nodded in agreement.

"What?" Jimin had no idea what they had been talking about since he pulled his phone out to check the time. Something he had apparently done an insufferable number of times all day long but ignored, unlike the other two.

"Your mind isn't even here" Tae commented and the youngest furrowed his eyebrows and jerked his head to a side with a small slanted smile. That was exactly what was going on, but he wasn't sure if he should bring it up himself.

"I'm sorry, guys" Jimin said instantly looking deflated and they reached out to him as he shrunk back ashamed. "I've been doing my best to stay focused. I'll try harder" he added putting the phone back in his pocket.

"Jimin-ah, no. You can count on us too if you are feeling under too much pressure" his best friend hurried to clarify when he started beating himself up.

"You've been doing great, hyung. It's just now" Jungkook commented and Jimin looked at him raising an eyebrow questioningly.

"Didn't you tell us like forty times that your girlfriend was coming back right about now?" the cheeky youngest teased him and Jimin pressed his lips together annoyed.

"Go meet her, we'll be fine without you. We'll see you tomorrow" Tae said trying to hold back the smile that threatened to spread across his lips at the maknae's comment. He understood though, being away from his girlfriend when they were on tour was a struggle for him as well.

"Yeah, you are as good as absent anyway. We won't even notice the difference" Jungkook added with the widest smile and Jimin hit his arm offended, but then again embarrassed about his lack of professionalism.

"No, I need to be off tomorrow, I can't do half a day today"

"Don't worry about it, we've got it covered. Go!" Tae insisted.