Chapter 40: A Different Christmas Eve

"Are you scared? I promise he is not mean, he just wants you to touch him" Tae quickly reassured you when he heard your words. He couldn't do much about it if you didn't like dogs though, Jimin hadn't mentioned there would be an issue with their pets.

"No, I'm not. I-I just wasn't sure how he'd react" you commented not even being sure how to look at Taehyung, you looked down the second he put Yeontan back on the floor and he crouched next to him.

"Put your hand down, it'll be okay" he suggested and you let your arm hang from the side of your legs. At least you knew you didn't have to shove it in his snout not to scare him. Tan walked up to it and sniffed it, giving your fingers the tiniest puppy kiss.

"See?" Tae said looking up at you with his classic bright smile and you couldn't help but smile widely at him. You proceeded to pat the dog's head gently and he stood on his back legs so you could scratch his neck too.

Your host returned to his seat next to his girlfriend and observed you pleased as you now looked at Yeontan softly cooing things at him. You picked him up and smiled endearingly as you cradled the fluffy ball of fur in your arms.

Tan could be a little demanding and misunderstood, but he was a good dog and he meant no harm. For a minute there Tae had felt really bad, he had really done his best to help out his best friend tonight.

"Do you guys want coffee, tea, soju?" his girlfriend asked, pointing at the tray after having served their preferred drink to Tae's parents.

"I'll have some soju since I don't have to drive, please" Jimin said with a sweet smile and you asked for some green tea. Putting Yeontan back down, you thanked her as she handed you the teacup and your now boyfriend side-glanced at you.

Your hands seemed to be a little shaky as you placed the plate on your lap and he wasn't sure if you weren't feeling well or were just nervous. He tenderly rubbed your back, hoping to comfort you if the latter was the case.

"What do you do for a living, dear?" Tae's mother asked curiously.

"I'm a representative for Amorepacific. I've been working for them since I was in university."

"Oh, that explains the way you look" she commented and your blood ran cold. You certainly didn't fit in the beauty industry, older men and women at work had let you know this multiple times.

"Your make-up and outfit are lovely and you two even match, it's adorable" his mother added and you sighed with a relieved smile. You couldn't help being on edge.

"She's indeed very talented, eomeonim. She was sent to Japan to work when she graduated and now was solicited by the headquarters here in Seoul" Jimin shared with a proud smile and your heart melted. Ugh, why is he so cute? You thought with a shy smile.

"That's fantastic, they've recognized your talent and skills" Tae's father commented and you nodded happily, that much was true.

Sometimes you wished they'd promote you, but it was difficult not to be discriminated against because of your looks or the fact that you were a woman. You pouted slightly at the thought and Jimin didn't know what to think. He was concerned that you weren't relaxing still.

"Jimin and I prepared a song, would you like to hear it?" Taehyung announced looking at his friend's dejected face.

He'd been wanting to sing this with him for a while and they'd finally found a reason to really work on it. They'd practiced it a few times to get the lyrics and melody just right.

"Yes, let's do that!" Jimin said grateful his friend was helping him out and took your hand as he got up to head to the corner of the room where there was a piano.