Chapter 72: Gonna Thrill You Tonight

All of a sudden, as the zombies headed up the stairs of the castle, a shrilling scream was heard and a figure revealed themselves on the wall in between both towers. The spotlight was on them as they alerted all visitors.

"Heads Will Roll" an all too familiar voice announced and you recognized it immediately. Jungkook's piercing falsetto.*

Zombies slowly gathered at the gates as they came back down the stairs and when the music started blasting out of the speakers, you became suspicious. Kook started singing the well-known song.

Off with your head
D-dance-dance-dance 'til you're dead
O-off-off-off with your head
D-dance-dance-dance 'til you're dead
O-off-off-off with your head

The creatures started dancing along stiffly and from in between them re-emerged your boyfriend singing. His jumpsuit gone and replaced by ripped up dirty clothes, blood dripping from his scalp and mouth. His eyes now a blood-curdling ice blue*¹.

It's close to midnight
And something evil's lurking in the dark
Under the moonlight
You see a sight that almost stops your heart

Jimin winked at you with a cheeky little smirk as he got closer for a second, to then take a few steps back and join in on the choreography of the zombies.

You try to scream
But terror takes the sound before you make it (Heads will roll x2*²)
You start to freeze
As horror looks you right between the eyes
You're paralyzed

He playfully pointed two fingers at his eyes and then turned them towards yours, making direct eye contact with his provocative stare. You still stood there, frozen in shock as one minute you were afraid something bad had happened to him and the next he was going all out performing.

'Cause this is thriller, thriller night
And no one's gonna save you from the beast about to strike
You know it's thriller, thriller night
You're fighting for your life inside a killer thriller tonight

People around you started jumping and screaming as they sang along, pumped by the powerful singing and iconic dance moves of the King of Pop.

Off with your head
D-dance-dance-dance 'til you're dead
O-off-off-off with your head
D-dance-dance-dance 'til you're dead
O-off-off-off with your head
(Thriller night)

And then a deep, threatening voice started reciting the words that followed and in came the last member of the maknae line, Taehyung.

Darkness falls across the land
The midnight hour is close at hand
Creatures crawl in search of blood
To terrorize y'all's neighborhood
And though you fight to stay alive (Off with your head)
Your body starts to shiver (Dance 'til you're dead)
For no mere mortal can resist (Heads will roll, heads will roll)
The evil of the thriller (Heads will roll on the floor)

Jimin took over, singing his heart out as he danced like his life depended on it. It was mesmerizing to see him in action. So passionate, so precise.

'Cause this is thriller, thriller night
Girl, I can thrill you more than any ghost could ever dare try
Thriller, thriller night
So let me hold you tight and share a killer, thriller tonight

"Hello guys!" Jungkook greeted them as the music played before his verse, hyping up the crowd.

Off with your head