❹ Family Ties/Haunted

☽◯☾

𝙰 𝙼𝙸𝙻𝙻𝙸𝙾𝙽 𝙳𝚁𝙴𝙰𝙼𝚂

[¢hคptēr f໐นr - ƑαмιƖу Ƭιєѕ/Hαυηтєɗ]

[𝚎𝚍𝚒𝚝𝚎𝚍]

"I cαn see better ɯhen I close mч eчes; don't mαke much αdo, thαt's mч lαtest stчle of vıeɯ

"I cαn see better ɯhen I close mч eчes; don't mαke much αdo, thαt's mч lαtest stчle of vıeɯ." ― Mıchαel Bαsseч Johnson

☪︎ ☪︎ ☪︎ ☪︎

"Now, when I would help your mother with her spells, she never had me use a fire extinguisher." Annalise states from her place on my bed. When I woke up this morning, I asked Annalise to watch over me while I did a reading spell I found in my grandmother's grimoire. "But then again, after you were born, your parents had one in every room."

I roll my eyes at her comment. Fire was the first element I learned to conjure; you can imagine how chaotic that was for a two-year-old.

" Why are we doing this again?" She asks.

"I had a vision of wings-"

"But I thought the whole reason that bitch blinded you was to prevent your Precognition." She says, confused.

"She did, but when I touched my window last night, I got a vision of wings. Since I can't conjure my visions as I used to. I need to use the fire to get a reading on what the hell is going on." I explain.

I take a deep breath as I close my eyes, aligning my breathing with the warmth of the candle fire surrounding me in a circle. "Ostende mihi videre" I chant in latin. Suddenly a sharp pain goes through my head and flashes across my vision. Two small puncture marks on a neck with blood coming out of them, that damn black crow or more like a raven, feathers, and a watch. The pain in my head intensifies as I scream out, the warmth from the candles starting to surround me before a feeling of cold foam covers me.

" Well, aren't you glad I suggested you be on standby with the fire extinguisher?" I say sheepishly.

"Those flames were about to swallow you whole, Carter." She scoffs. " I'm assuming it worked though"

" Yeah, but was it much help? Absolutely not." I groan.

☪︎ ☪︎ ☪︎ ☪︎

" What was the point of picking me up if you're just going to break my heart?" I groan dramatically as Caroline and I sit down in a booth. She asked me if I wanted to come to the grill, and I wasn't going to pass up food plus, my nerves have been everywhere since the reading I did earlier, and it causes my magic to act frantically.

" He's my boyfriend, which means he will be my date to the founders' party." She states proudly.

Ironic how she was telling me to find a new boyfriend, and now she has one.