❻ The Turning Point

| Chapter Six |

"𝑺𝒐 𝒅𝒊𝒔𝒂𝒔𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒔𝒕𝒓𝒊𝒌𝒆𝒔 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑰'𝒎 𝒂𝒍𝒓𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕 '𝑪𝒂𝒖𝒔𝒆 𝒎𝒚 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆'𝒔 𝒐𝒏 𝒊𝒕'𝒔 𝒘𝒂𝒚"

"If you keep skipping school, you will never make it to senior year at this rate," Annalise says, walking in the kitchen as I sit at the counter drinking my second cup of coffee.  I'm actually starting to lose the point of going to school. I should have taken those extra AP classes so I can graduate early but then I would be completely bored. 

"Oh please, as long as I do the work, I will pass," I state. "Plus, Caroline is on her way here to bring me the work for today" With everything that happened last night, I couldn't convince myself to get out of bed anyway.

"So, what's going on with you?" Annalise asks, and I feel her sitting next to me. " Supernatural drama," I mutter, causing her to snort.

"And what supernatural drama do you have going on, kid?"

I sigh. "Bonnie found out that she's a witch then gets possessed by her Ancestor who calls me Mya, Stefan, and Damon Salvatore are vampires," I explain. It's silent for a while.

" We can move, Carter. You don't have to go through this," She reassures, causing me to scoff.

"And what kind of Crescent witch would I be if I ran away from supernatural drama," I state. My mother's stories she would tell me of the supernatural drama she had to deal with came to mind.

"A safe one." 

"I'll never be safe," I mutter. "Not with my name, my blood, or magic" The doorbell rings and I hear Annalise get up and walk towards the door and open it. A shock goes down my spine, and I groan. "Elena texted me and said you were leaving town," I state.

"That is true, but something...came up," Damon says cryptically. "I brought your homework" I roll my eyes before getting up and walking towards the door.

"I thought Caroline was bringing it," Annalise says as I hear papers ruffling and her walking away.

"She umm is doing something for me." Damon says nervously "Which I can actually use your help for Carter"

"She can't help you," Annalise says sternly. I can only imagine the glare she is giving him at the moment and it makes me crack a smile.

"It's okay, Annalise" I get up from my seat and make my way towards the door.

"I will be upstairs if you need me," She informs me before hearing footsteps going up the stairs. When I hear her door close, I look at Damon blankly....well, I thought I did until his fingers are placed on my chin, turning my head softly.